Switch connected with phoscon and(!) lamps

Hi,

I wanted to completely redo my Conbee network because of a major remodelling project, and now I can’t get it to look as nice as it did before.

Can someone please tell me how to teach the Ikea Tradfri ON/OFF switch (model E1743) to Phoscon and(!) to the individual Hue lamps so that in the event of a gateway failure (e.g. while I’m away on business trip) the family can at least switch the lamps on and off.
The question is, what do I have to do differently with the Conbee than is shown here for the Hue Bridge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYLDtL7YmZw

I set everything up like this a few years ago and it worked until the end, but I’ve forgotten what the exact teach-in sequence and reset button presses were. :frowning:
Unfortunately, I have now also reset all lamps, switches and buttons (and also updated all Hue lamps to the latest software 1.104.2), so my backups from the Conbee are of no use to me.

Unfortunately, I can’t find anything using the search function or the internet.

Conbee II
Gateway 2.24.2
Firmware 26720700
34 Hue Lights e.g. White and Color Ambiance E27 1600lm Philips_LCA008
3 Iluminize High Voltage 230V Dimmer Module iluminize_511.201
1 Ikea Tradfri Control Outlet Ikea_E1603
1 Hue Dimmer Switch Philips_RWL021
11 Ikea Tradfri ON/OFF Switch IKEA Tradfri ON/OFF Switch E1743 Zigbee compatibility
6 Ikea Symfonisk Sound Controller Ikea_E1744
6 Ikea Tradfri Remote Control Ikea_E1810

Just add all lights and switches to Phoscon, head over to Help and open the Old WEB App:

There, under groups you can assign lights to switches.

Those associations works even when the gateway is down.

This does not work anymore. In some ikea firmware update they stopped sending the commands to the group (see IKEA E1743 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT). With the new DDF for the ikea switches no group binding are created anymore. You have to do your binding in deconz manually (binding Dropbox). Depending on your switch firmware to a group or device.

Yes, but I thought that was only the Windows Covering remotes?
Have they done it with more remotes as well?

AFAIK open/close and on/off are basically the same. And yes, they did it with the on/off (I noticed this after I updated mine to the latest firmware).

Same with the 5 button remote (IKEA E1524/E1810 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT) - tested myself. Not sure about styrbar. I just tested unicast binding and it worked, but did not test group binding

See Ikea 5 Button Switch on 24.4.5; Dimmer on 24.4.6 - group bindings don't work anymore - #4 by Mimiix btw

Thanks OMR for the tip - I’ll give it a go.
It sounds like I’m lucky I haven’t updated the Ikea stuff - the on/off switches are on 2.2.010 as I bought them.

Thanks Jan666. But how can I do this? I don’t understand the abbreviation “DDF” and have no idea, what I have to do by “binding in deconz manually (binding Dropbox)”. Can you please explain it for me?

Create a group in Phoscon, add your Light(s) to that group. Get the ID of the group - lets say its ID 161. Convert 161 (decimal) to HEX: https://coolconversion.com/math/binary-octal-hexa-decimal/Convert_decimal_number_161_in_hexadecimal_ - its 0xA1. Open deCONZ GUI, Open the Bind Dropbox. Drag and Drop your On/Off Remote to SOURCE. Select Group at destication. Enter 0xA1. Press bind and now press a button on the remote to wake it up. The binding should success and it should work.

@OMR described how it works here: Trådfri open/close switch with FW 2.3.079 fails to pair with blind - #5 by OMR - but he used Unicast instead of group binding.

See TRÅDFRI remote control (FW 2.3.014) / TRÅDFRI on/off switch (FW 2.2.008) automatic group is not selectable in phoscon · Issue #132 · dresden-elektronik/phoscon-app-beta · GitHub where I was introduced to the procedure

Thank you Jan666, I understand, My problem is, that I haven’t deCONZ running. It was to difficult for me, to install this an run this in parallel. Is there a way with phoscon only?

Phoscon uses the deCONZ API, you are running deCONZ. Maybe you can Access the GUI via VNC.

AFAIK its not possible without GUI

Just VNC or ssh -X into your deCONZ server and stop the current running process with:
sudo systemctl stop deconz

Restart with:
/usr/bin/deCONZ &
and you’re off in the GUI :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have tried, OMR. But it doesn’t work for me. I have added two lamps (each in an other group Test1 and 2) to two switches. But nothing happend - no reaction at the lamps.
I’m wondering, the names on the old Web App is Switch 12 and 13 and in the new Web App is shown as I changed their name to Taster 1 und 2.

I have tried OMR, but I don’t know what is to do now:

Debian GNU/Linux 12 deconz tty1

deconz login: root (automatic login)

deCONZ LXC provided by https://tteck.github.io/Proxmox/

Last login: Sun Dec 10 23:10:28 CET 2023 on tty1
root@deconz:~# sudo systemctl stop deconz
root@deconz:~# /usr/bin/deCONZ &
[1] 339
root@deconz:~# qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display 
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

Tips from google doesn’t help:

root@deconz:~# sudo apt-get install libxcb-xinerama0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
libxcb-xinerama0 is already the newest version (1.15-1).
libxcb-xinerama0 set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
[1]+  Aborted                 /usr/bin/deCONZ
root@deconz:~# /usr/bin/deCONZ &
[1] 348
root@deconz:~# qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display 
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

Other descriptions also not help:

root@deconz:~# sudo systemctl stop deconz
root@deconz:~# sudo systemctl start deconz-gui
root@deconz:~# sudo systemctl status deconz-gui
* deconz-gui.service - deCONZ: ZigBee gateway -- GUI/REST API
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/deconz-gui.service; disabled; preset: enabled)
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2023-12-23 14:53:30 CET; 3s ago
    Process: 347 ExecStart=/usr/bin/deCONZ --http-port=80 (code=exited, status=217/USER)
   Main PID: 347 (code=exited, status=217/USER)
        CPU: 1ms

How do you log into you system? (tty1 had me baffled …)

How do you log into you system?

via the Terminal for the specific LXC Container within Proxmox GUI

Sorry, jan666. That is to difficult for my very low linux knowledge. :frowning:

And there you lost me :slight_smile:
Can you run any X applications through that terminal? (xeyes for instance …)

Thank you!

I started with the question of how to connect to the Conbee and lamps easily. :slight_smile:
Since I managed to do it two years ago without all the pull-ups, I’m sure that it can be done without the hassle…

I also suspect that I’m doing something wrong with the coupling, because after I’ve directly coupled switches with different lamps, they suddenly switch other lamps that they were never coupled with. But not all available lamps within the Zigbee network - only some of them.
I don’t understand it because I have reset everything, reseted all lamps and switches and while that never seen unreseted lamps, lamps already been reseted.

Maybe someone has an idea or instructions on how to do it again as easily as I did well two years ago (like in the video I linked in the start post, but for the HueBridge).

Suddenly like during the pairing prosess or when you operate a switch?
I have noticed that sometimes, just after pairing a light or switch whole groups blinks a time or two, but that’s all.