Lights Randomly Turning On

Hello everyone

Similar to someone else’s post recently in January, I have an issue with lights randomly turning on at all hours of the day or night. Last night one light came on in our bedroom. Last week it was a random one in a hallway, another random one in the kitchen. There is no set pattern either, it’s completely random. It was a week in between the last one happening. This has always been an issue since I first setup the lights, approximately 4 months ago. Only the bedroom one last night coming on at 3am’ish was the last straw for the wife, so now I have to “fix” it…

Setup is a Raspberry Pi 3B+, Raspbee original, latest firmware and Deconz, running on top of Raspberry Pi OS. The downlights in question are 3A/Nue Zigbee down lights. I run HomeAssistant on a seperate NAS and nothing is in the logs for the lights. So far it appears the issue is coming from Deconz.

What logging could I undertake to start debugging this issue? I note this thread shows how to obtain some logs. Are these the logs I should be collecting to help with debugging? Note I’m going to log directly to an external hard drive, so I’m not overly concerned about how long this will take. I just want to make sure I collect the correct logs…

Hi kezzad

I did face the same problems with different lights before. For me it came down to faulty lights or bad connection but never could figure out where the problem really sits. And I had one “old” Osram GU10 which did manage to turn itself on every 10 - 30 minutes…but could never find something in logs.

I tried to figure out some logic:

1. What lights are coming on? Always the same ones? What manufacturer?
  2. Do these lights show properly connected in deconz app?
  3. What is the quality of you network? Do you use an USB extension cable? Or have you connected something else to USB on your Raspbee?
  4. Are you on latest stable version? Also the Raspbee is?
  • It did help for me to completely delete the lights (and also the groups they were in), reset them and add them to a new group.

• On first step try not to rename them as I also experienced problems after doing this.

Please let me know if you have any success.

Kind regards

Beat

I’m also facing the same behavior since a few months and it’s very frustrating.
I mostly have IKEA Tradfri GU10 bulbs and some are hard to replace/reset and wasn’t something I was planning to do since it never was and issue before.

I will try to gather some logs for trouble shooting it. Which is the best approach to start with?

/edit:
Turns out that not all of my bulbs were updated so i guess that this was causing the random off/on behaviour. Will keep monitoring next weeks

Was not just power issue ?
Unfortunately the “state on power” not working on ikea stuff to make tries.

If I m right the “lastannounced” in the API can help to reconize a (re)join in the network.

Anyone found a solution for this? I’m experiencing this issue since a few weeks and I’m totally clueless… In my house, all OSRAM bulbs are affected. I have models identied as “ModellCLA60 TW OSRAM” and ones called “CLA60 TW OSRAM”. GU10 bulbs and one E27 from EGLO don’t turn on.

The system is hosted on a Raspberry Pi 4 with Node-RED, previously managed by a ConBee 2 Stick. I’ve taken a ConBee 3 stick and was hoping that things get better. They didn’t. @kezzad I feel you, my wife doesn’t smile a bit when the bedroom lights turn on.

I have already verified that my application does not send commands. Anyone knows anything???

I gave up on Phoscon and moved it all over to Phillips Hue running, finally, natively via Apple HomeKit.

Zero issues since.