Sensors/Switches no longer executing actions from rules

Since a while I am having issues with switches and sensors no longer executing actions (rules). I see in Phoscon UI the readings (i.e. flashing switches of buttons, sensor motion detection icons) or in Web Sockets I see the events. I can run the actions (i.e. /groups/25/actions with post {“on”:true} and it is working. Because of some other issues I installed the latest beta version as well (recommended in a Discord conversation), but no difference. Now, I have deleted all rules and just created one for a Philips Hue dimm switch, not working either.

A log is created here: https://www.ajaxpro.info/dresden/2021-12-21-log2.txt

Please let me know if you need further logs.

Regards, Michael

@de_employees can you check this one?

Just adding here that I noticed that 2 of 4 Philips Hue dimm switches are shown as kind of group in the Phoscon App main page. In addition, I noticed that a renamed switch didn’t appear with the new name in deCONZ nodes view, and after pressing F5 in Phoscon App showed the old name as well.

Do you have deCONZ version 2.13.04 ? And which Hue dimm switch do you have? The old or the new one?

If the dimm switch created a group in the Phoscon App don’t put any lights in it. You can remvove the lights and delete the group.

You could also check in the Phoscon App under Help/ API informatin the rules tab. Check if the status of the rules is “enabled”

I have 2.13.4 yes, but it was the same with 2.13.3.

Hue dimm switch is the first 4 button v1, not the rounded corner one.

In fact all sensors and switches behave like that, they report all through the WebSocket and Phoscon App UI, but not send that to the lights. All manual actions on groups or lights are working.

I would not have any problem to setup all groups, actions and rules again, I just don’t want to lose the Zigbee nodes from the network to have them joining again. :wink:

I’m not quite sure yet what happend. But looking at the rules in the Phoscon App → Help → API information could give a clue. Especially if the status is enabled.

Did you create the rules within the Phoscon App Switch Editor?

If not could you give an example rule.

The rule has been created using the Phoscon App switch editor, nothing special. See all rules below:

{
    "45": {
        "actions": [
            {
                "address": "/groups/25/action",
                "body": {
                    "on": true
                },
                "method": "PUT"
            }
        ],
        "conditions": [
            {
                "address": "/sensors/00:17:88:01:09:6a:e4:6c-02-fc00/state/buttonevent",
                "operator": "eq",
                "value": "1002"
            },
            {
                "address": "/sensors/00:17:88:01:09:6a:e4:6c-02-fc00/state/lastupdated",
                "operator": "dx"
            },
            {
                "address": "/groups/25/state/any_on",
                "value": "false"
            }
        ],
        "created": "2021-12-21T08:25:04",
        "etag": "9537576209e3cf035883adfad8853321",
        "lasttriggered": "none",
        "name": "Rule TOOGLE_ON",
        "owner": "5BBC4B379B",
        "periodic": 0,
        "status": "enabled",
        "timestriggered": 0
    },
    "46": {
        "actions": [
            {
                "address": "/groups/25/action",
                "body": {
                    "on": false
                },
                "method": "PUT"
            }
        ],
        "conditions": [
            {
                "address": "/sensors/00:17:88:01:09:6a:e4:6c-02-fc00/state/buttonevent",
                "value": "1002"
            },
            {
                "address": "/sensors/00:17:88:01:09:6a:e4:6c-02-fc00/state/lastupdated",
                "operator": "dx"
            },
            {
                "address": "/groups/25/state/any_on",
                "value": "true"
            }
        ],
        "created": "2021-12-21T08:25:04",
        "etag": "82dd5f0b6f7b9cc1bdd07d288527e5e0",
        "lasttriggered": "none",
        "name": "Rule TOOGLE_OFF",
        "owner": "5BBC4B379B",
        "periodic": 0,
        "status": "enabled",
        "timestriggered": 0
    }
}

@chrishae i see the same in my setup.

Is there any difference when sensors are using the internal id or the unique address (the one with the colons)? I just checked the address, the one seems to be the same as in the deCONZ view of the node itself.

What device is triggering the rules?

A Philips Hue dimm switch.

More interesting is that i.e. the time based schedules (Zeitsteuerungen) are working.

Do you have silver and bronze enabled in the deconz control panel for ddf files?

If so, disable silver and restart and try again.

Not sure what “disable silver” means, at least the settings is set to Gold for lights and switches.

This :slight_smile:

Ok, setting the DDF status to Bronze solved the issue at least for the dimm switches. I will check all other sensors as well… first need to ensure that the switches work correct.

you can check multiple boxes.

I had the exact same issue and manuel told me this yesterday:

It’s the button event processing for the Hue Dimmer, there is a DDF for it with Silver Status but haven’t been tested with rules yet.

I am not sure where this “common” setting is on Windows version, the only one I found is when selected a node and clicked on Edit DDF, and there is a one-value only dropdown menu.

Gold was the one that was configured, with Bronze it seems to work for the Hue dimm switch.

The motions sensors (Hue) are not yet working, I will try different configurations.

Don’t change that.

You need to click Panels > Control.

That’s what is configured there, do I keep that?

I see that the different actions on button events is broken, see the screenshot below. Is that related to these DDF mode settings? I only use the Phoscon App to change settings.