Problems with Luminea a.k.a. ZigBee-LED-Lampe LAV-301.zigbee a.k.a. ZX-5238-675

May I briefly report a curious incident I had yesterday with four ZigBee RGBWW light bulbs. As I could not find any information about this anywhere on this forum, I thought it might be good idea to mention this here. Maybe getting some feedback from others who may have encountered a similar incident would be nice.

My setup: Home Assistant with DeCONZ 2.28.1, Firmware 26720700.

As aforementioned, I installed four ZigBee RGBWW light bulbs. On the packaging they were named Luminea a.k.a. ZigBee-LED-Lampe LAV-301.zigbee a.k.a. ZX-5238-675.

They connected just fine and also responded to commands. As I already have several different RGBWW bulbs in my network, I did not anticipate any problems.

Alas, problems there were. Several sensors just stopped updating their status, not all of them though. As far as I can tell, the thing those “stagnating” sensors had in common was them providing numerical values, such as temperature, power consumption etc. Most binary sensors worked just fine with the exception of those which additionally provided the temperature, for instance, like the Aqara door sensors.

I tried several things, like deleting and reconnecting those Aqara door sensors which did seem to work (never checked if the temperature value ever changed - at least doors would report opened/closed again). However, I was completely (!) unable to reconnect pure temperature sensors (like also the Aqara Multi Sensor - temperature, humidity and pressure).

After a rough night’s sleep, I finally decided to unjoin the four “new” RGBWW light bulbs again (also unplugging them physically). After a reboot, the sensors came back as if nothing had happened.

So, I guess it’s safe to say that whatever had happened must have been caused/influenced by those four light bulbs.

I am not going to use these light bulbs again (probably just going to return them, unless somebody at Dresden Electronics feels compelled to do some testing on them - in that case, I’d gladly send them to you).

Of course, if there are any comments, I’d be interested to hear about those.

Update: I now assume this was not the lights fault after all. See this discussion for details.