Headless deCONZ - no more sensor updates after searching for lights

Produkt ConBee III
Gateway Version 2.28.1
Firmware 26500900

I noticed this in the latest stable version before 2.28.1, too: when I search for lights (and add a light, have not tried without adding one) most(?) of the sensors stop sending updates via REST-API/WebSocket. This affects temperature sensors like SONOFFs, open/close sensors from Ikea and also the ZHAPower, ZHAConsomption etc from Ubisys Window Covering devices. So I guess this is more a problem updating the values and not related to zigbee communication? Controlling lights and window covering devices still work.

I just came across your post and it reminded me of the problem I experienced recently. Maybe I was wrong to blame my problem on a specific type of lights. Haven’t tried any other lights, yet.

Could you please explain what you did to get the sensors working again?

Link to my original post.

For me restarting deconz fixes this

As long as the four “new” lights were still part of the network, restarting DeCONZ (or even rebooting the Raspi) did not make any change, even when I unplugged the lights. Only after I had removed them from Phoscon and rebooted the Raspi the sensors magically started working again (phew, was I happy! :wink:).

We are apparently using the same version of DeCONZ, i.e. 2.28.1, as probably all/most Home Assistant users would. I wonder if there is more to this. I’ve never had problems having lights join. Alas, the last light I joined was half a year ago when I still had the previous version of DeCONZ.

I am not too eager to experiment to be honest. I have a person with dementia here, so the house just needs to work. However, any further insights would be quite welcome. For instance, did you actually join the lights or did you just scan for them? Did you remove them again or are they working happily now?

Good catch!
My lightlevel from a hue outdoor sensor stopped updating after a Add new switch scan. (that failed)
Also had to restart to get it going again…

Problem confirmed. I added a Moes Siren Alarm today (not really supported, yet, but that’s another problem) and had the same phenomenon happening again: Lots of the sensors just stopped updating. A complete shutdown-unplug-restart of the Raspi seems to have brought everything back.

Not the correct place to report.

Please post this on GitHub

3 Likes