Phoscon Hive is here

After one week I can say: the new firmware works great. I can always use it via zigbee, its not always empty withozt using it anymore… Now it feels like a mature product :slight_smile:

1 Like

I couldn’t say it better

1 Like

I bought a Hive after reading the specs on the Phoscon site. I have a Home Assistant setup with a Phoscon ConBee II as my hub. I thought it would be a great addition to my smart home. After two months of use, I couldn’t be more dissappointed. The Hive was not really working great with Zigbee in the first place. On/off and dimming was not working great and color selecting was rough. But worst of all was the battery life. According to the Phoscon website it should be “more than 50 hours”, and that was one of the main reasons for me to buy it. In reality it was more like10 hours battery max, without it being used!

Wow. A light from the same manufacturer as my Zigbee hub cannot work with Zigbee…

It feels like I have been testing a beta device. I just sent it back to Amazon for a full refund.

Hi,

Did you update the firmware?

Mine is doing fine since that.

No. Like I said, when I have to do a relatively complex firmware flash to get the Hive working I have been testing a beta device. At € 60 that’s not good.
I am very happy with my ConBee II. But the Hive was a big disappointment. I now bought two Hue Go 2’s and they work just fine.