Phoscon Hive is here

Maybe for the hive, but not from deconz in general

Yeah but we are here in the hive thread and I asked exactly for that a few posts before….

Yes, but I didn’t read through the thread just because of your latest question.

Regardless, great request! All devices should report just one zhabattery rather than config.battery.

1 Like

All devices should report just one zhabattery rather than config.battery.

+1. Using Grafana to make a general alert for all battery devices would be really easy then

The Hive seems to have issues with flashing, it does not work consistently well. Sometimes it does not change the color when asked to flash and only flashes white, most of the time it turns white for a short time before starting to flash at all.

So if the Hive is green and I ask it to flash blue it either flashes only white or turns white and then starts flashing blue. Hope this will be fixed as well with a new firmware release. For now it kinda works, but it’s not as smooth as it should be.

Can you please decribe the way you make the light flash?

I have the Hive connected via a Conbee II stick to my raspberry pi and am calling the light.turn_on service in Home Assistant.

Example YAML:

service: light.turn_on
data:
  rgb_color:
  flash: long
target:
  entity_id: light.hive

I connected my Hive via decons-USB-Zigbee to Fhem.
When the lamp is off and i send the Command to turn Red it turns on but has still the color it had before swithing off.
When i the send another color-command it turn to that colour - but iot should have dne that at first hand - like e.g. tradfri Lamps also do.

Normally the blink command (the identify) is sent without specifying a color. See the description of the API. Apparently Home Assistant sends an additional color command. The identify executes the hive in the color white - not like many other lamps in the currently set color.

Actually the Hive flashes in the set color instead of white, it just does not work when I want to change color and flash at the same time. Can this behaviour be adjusted in a future firmware release?

Also I think the flash command uses the state.alert of the lamp instead the identify command

For me the hive just don’t really work via Zigbee. It’s like 10 % of the commands I send are successful. Nice toy but not really useful

Any error codes?

Here it works fine afaik. I do notice that it sometimes needs a wakeup.

No. It’s just

"lastseen": "2023-01-23T13:26Z",
  "manufacturername": "Phoscon",
  "modelid": "Hive",
  "name": "Phoscon Hive",
  "state": {
    "alert": "none",
    "bri": 1,
    "colormode": "ct",
    "ct": 370,
    "effect": "none",
    "hue": 51742,
    "on": false,
    **"reachable": false,**
    "sat": 254,
    "xy": [
    ]
  }

most of the time.

Even Aqara sensors in the same area are more reliable

There is certainly a firmware update coming in the next few months which improves the behavior on Zigbee.

1 Like

The hive is turned on by pressing and turning when it was in deep sleep. Otherwise simple pressing is enough. If this does not work as expected, it helps to wait a moment (1-2 seconds) after pressing until you turn. The hive may then take a moment to light up (approx. 2-3 seconds).

Hi, does the Phoscon Hive support the smooth brightness strategy, which means:
-giving a brightness of 100% with x seconds transition time (triggered by a long-press hold)
-stop the brightness progression (triggered by a long-press release)?

In Home Assistant i apply this with the following commands:

Start dim-up process:

- service: deconz.configure
    data:
      entity: light.slaapkamer
      field: /action
      data:
        bri: 254
        transitiontime: 50

Stop dim progress:

- service: deconz.configure
    data:
      entity: light.slaapkamer
      field: /action
      data:
        bri_inc: 0

In practice, this gives the smoothest dimming transition possible, and it works beautiful with the Philips Hue light bulbs. Does this works too for the Phoscon Hive? And is it just as smooth to watch/enjoy?

Edit: i’m using a Conbee II btw

Small bump. Since the Hive is developed by Phoscon, i’ve good hopes that someone on the Phoscon forum could help me out :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you please try it out with the newest firmware of the Hive. There some improvements regarding reachability and battery value display. The file is here, the way to do here.

1 Like

Just updated:

Version 0401.0020001B

let’s see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

I tried to upgrade the firmware but the state stay to “idle”. How can I force it ?
TEST

I see this in the logs :slight_smile:
logs

I need rename the 1135-0101-0020001B-Hive.zigbee on 1135-0101-0020001B-Hive.ota ?

EDIT : It’s OK I let it for an hour and the uprade is OK.

1 Like