Loss of signal?

Let me know what you’re experiences are with the device. Might be a better device than I have :wink:

I think?
How to setup scenes on phone?
I do not have an laptop in the rooms that i need the scenes, and to take the laptop with me is not my question atm :wink:
Is there another way of doing this?
When doing a scene to ON in domoticz, exactly the same lamps does have problems.
The rest works good and going to the color / dim value i did set in the scene in Domoticz…

Not scenes, groups Phoscon App

It don’t work using a phone ? Try to use “desktop view” to have the same display than on a real PC

But groups can be used only if you have a group a device that need EXACTLY the same request.
Else no other solution than using a script to delay requests.

I did try to use that desktop mode on an samsung s21, but unf this didnt work also.
It keeps saying about the screen resolution.
What is the best way to make a “one” button switch to turn on the lights and/or do dim and/or change the color for all devices at once?
i do not want to script this in any way since the colors for some lights are changing several a month :wink:
or, if any script is available could you send me a lua based example script to do this directly IN domoticz?
thanks!

i buyed an 10 inch tablet and now i can make scenes, so… I have set all scenes IN deconz…
so far so good, and i can control them in domoticz.
But… why does a group on/off fade dim to the value, and does the scene not?
i have setup in all scenes that i want to fade in all lamps in that scene for 10 seconds, but the fading is not working?
when turning on or off a group the fade is working great, why is this?
thanks

For the fade issue, I will answer here, as you have the same question This application is temporarily over its serving quota. Please try again tomorrow

Back to the topic,

But for that you need the 20 devices need the same command, you can’t set a different color for each.

Okay, now i understand… That’s not what i need.
The reason for a scene is that i use a lot of ynoa gu10 spot lights, and these bulbs does not have the same color, some are way more yellow instead of warm white, and some are more cool white then warm white, that’s why i need to set them single instead of “all”. :frowning:
if it was that easy as just turning on or off the lamps this problem was not there :wink:

Yeah ^^
It s for that I think the better way is a script that delay the request one by one, need to make some tests to know the value to use.

Hmm… That is a lot of work then.
Why is this behaviour only with Deconz?
I’m using > ESP Boards, RFLink, RFXCom, Sonoff (Tasmota), Milight (AppLamp) and Z-Wave beside the Zigbee (Deconz) and none of them have this problems…
I can send out 2 times a second to a devices without any interruption, but that is not possible on the deconz so far…
(Ofcourse i do not send out that many requests in any way, but it’s just as an example)
I hope there will be a fix someday with this “loss of target requests” :wink:
If the requests are to fast, then i hope that they will add an (adjustable) time (100ms?) buffer in the future
into the coding of Deconz that we can set to made scene/group requests longer instead of doing its request 1 by 1 from a script in Domoticz, as this is not easy as 123.
Btw, before Deconz i used the Hue Gateway and that has always worked without any interruption…
Also when send out 4 scenes in 1 time, it was working perfectly.
The only reason that i changed the hue gateway for deconz is because i want to have more control (and an overview) about the signals between the bulbs/devices.

If you send that to a group of lights that’s no problem at all. the limit is 20 per second afaik.

Thanks for answering, but thats my main problem…
I need scenes instead of groups, with groups we can only turn on or off our devices, but i need color changing per single lamp. :grin:

If i create a group in Phoscon, the group comes available over the API. Then i can send a Scene to that group.

Even so, In home assistant the group exposes as 1 light. If i put it behind a color wheel, it sends the colors to the group as it being a light. That works flawlessly.

Thanks, and that is correct but it is still a group, or is it my mistake?
I need different colors to set into single lamps because there are huge color differences between these YNOA gu10 spots.

i do not use home assistant… only domoticz.
i can make scenes in domoticz, but then it seems the api (limit) is getting overload, and so i have to use another way to do single requests… but how, on an easy way?
i’m do not have enough time to do a lot of scripting to only turn some lights on or off…
there has to be a way to do it simple, or does the phoscon hardware not meet my expectations and do i have to replace my hue gateway again?

1. grouping in deconz turns on all devices, that is correct, but not 1 by 1 to a dim / color value.
  2. do scenes in deconz, can send out 1 by 1 to the value i need, but then i need to send out 2 or 3x requests before all lamps are on to the value i want (request overload?)
  3. do scenes in domoticz, also need more requests to turn all lights on (api limit ?)
  4. other solution?

Domoticz can do color changing to a group, but not into scenes.
Then i need to make a scene in deconz itself OR in domoticz, but then i get the api limit troubles or send out more requests then needed…
this is a scene i’m using now:

the groups works correctly, as they are at 1 color, no need to change.
the scenes does not working correctly, need to send out 2 or 3 times the request before all scenes are correctly dimmed or has the colors i want in that scene.
deconz groups:

1 deconz scene:

It can, I have already do it. And it make only 1 API request by scene, all values are in the same request (state/color/level).
But on your capture, the 5th is a scene with color ? (LEDStripBinnen) so it’s possible ?

On phoscon, if you use the " Recall scenes" sections, you still have dimmer not working ?

And bad news, I have take a look on Lua/dzevent code on domoticz, and I think the better solution is using a full custom code …
IDK wich one language you prefer, some are using php, on my side I prefer to use python. But it seem there is no way to delay a command with a delay in milliseconds natively in domoticz.

And the HUE gateway don’t have this request limitation ? So you can use more than 20 requests in 1 seconds ?

Hi,

This LEDStripBinnen is Milight, not Deconz.
In domoticz, yes, ofcourse i can do dim and make color directly to the devices in the scene, but as seen earlier it gives me the errors about the api limitation / requests and does NOT turning on ALL lamps when the scene in domoticz is activated.

This morning i removed the deconz controller, and give the hue another try to test.
So, i removed and resetted all devices and did a new start on the hue…
After 4 minutes all devices where found and added into the hue and domoticz as well…
Like i said before, its working perfectly without any hitches.
I can switch all devices directly from domoticz in a scene and even the all effect scenes (in hue bridge) are working (like disco).
I do not use these effects, but i just did a test…

Now, i have done exactly the same as i did before in domoticz with the HUE as gateway:

1. Using HUE Bridge as gateway
  2. making a new scene in domoticz (to test)
  3. set all devices as single in Domoticz (so no groups / scenes from the hue bridge itself)
  4. set dim level AND set color per device
  5. saved the scene
  6. activated the scene
    NONE problems, none errors
    All lights goes on, dim to the value i want and the colors are correctly set in 1 push (so in 1 request)
    What suprises me is that when i activate the scene in domoticz, not all lights goes on directly (what deconz did) but goes on one by one (after nearly 1 sec per device) and goes on by fading wich deconz didnt do at some devices…
    When activate the scene, it will took 6 till 8 seconds before all lights are on, but they are ALL on AND dimmed into the value i wanted, in 1 request…
    I tested this several times, turning all OFF, scene ON again, testing other scene ON, etc… but it works, and it stays working.

So far i’m happy to replace deconz back to the hue bridge. For me it’s way better then before!
But, i really wish to use the deconz again when it’s working like it should do, but it does not atm.
Beside that, a custom script is getting to complex to just turning on an lamp, device, making a scene or change values.

My wife is also living in this house who wants to use the lights / knobs and change some values from inside domoticz. She does not have any scripting languages. :wink:

So, if the HUE can do… Why Phoscon not?

“And the HUE gateway don’t have this request limitation ? So you can use more than 20 requests in 1 seconds ?”
I really don’t know the specs in detail or limitations of the HUE bridge, the only thing i know is i can setup 50 devices, after that i need an second HUE Bridge.
*Edit: on a forum someone says: the hue hub can only process twenty different requests per second
i think this is the same as deconz?

It’s possible at the origin the deconz working mode was based on HUE gateway.

So, if the HUE can do… Why Phoscon not?

I think the 2 gateway have a different working mode

• The Hue gateway use a internal buffer to delay the request, it s for that you have nearly 1 sec per device)
  • The deconz gateway send request fastly but as it don’t memorise request, if it can’t send them, it display error, so you need to make the buffer yourself.

Another difference, I can be wrong but on the HUE gateway you can change a color on a bulb in off state, because it memorise request, not possible on deconz because deconz don’t memorise the request and you can’t send it to a off bulb.

Ahaa, now i know why the HUE is better working with a scene then Deconz does then.
Thanks, that explained a lot :slight_smile:
I really, really hope that deconz will make a “buffer” to the requests in the future then, so i can use Deconz again!!
I think it has to be possible?
That would make my day :wink: