Lights keep losing connection 20 times and more a day

Hello,

i use deconz Version 2.16.01 / 21.4.2022 Firmware 26780700 with my Homeassistant and ConbeeII on a Raspberry 4B, with a SSD as Filesystem for Homeassistant and a extension Cable for the Conbee II.

My whole network works well, until the Garden lights.

i added a few days ago all my garden lights, but since then I’ve had the problem that lights in the garden sporadically lose the connection for no apparent reason.

Above all, the lamps often lose the connection that could easily connect to the others in the garden. Then I wait an hour or a few minutes and they are reconnected.

the distance between all the lamps is a maximum of 5-6 meters, without obstacles.

here is my deconz map, the lamps that are meant are marked

in the time i wrote this thread the one lamp called “garten_kugel” reconnected again. 5 minutes ago it was offline again.

can me someone say what i now can do to find the problem?
look at the logs? where are the logs located?

Hi,

You can find out how to make logs in #deconz

okay i get it to work, here is a log, perhaps you can understand whats the problem is.

edit

my Wifi channel is 1
and my zigbee channel is 25

what i see in the log are this error, dont know if there are important

1. 05:41:11:128 0xA4C13873C9D1CB65 error APSDE-DATA.confirm: 0xE9 on task
  2. 05:41:10:046 0x00124B002450E329 error APSDE-DATA.confirm: 0xE9 on task
  3. 05:41:08:245 0xA4C138DF0CC4FB2E error APSDE-DATA.confirm: 0xE9 on task
  4. 05:40:54:490 0x0C4314FFFEDF6CF3 error APSDE-DATA.confirm: 0xE9 on task
  5. 05:40:40:932 0x7CB03EAA0A08188C error APSDE-DATA.confirm: 0xE9 on task
  6. 05:40:40:135 0x7CB03EAA0A067762 error APSDE-DATA.confirm: 0xE9 on task
  7. 05:40:32:933 0xA4C138DF0CC4FB2E error APSDE-DATA.confirm: 0xE9 on task
  8. 05:40:24:262 0x7CB03EAA0A07F3A9 error APSDE-DATA.confirm: 0xE9 on task
  9. 05:40:18:826 0xA4C138DF0CC4FB2E error APSDE-DATA.confirm: 0xE9 on task

on the wiki page stand

Is issued when the coordinator sends out a command but no acknowledgement (ACK) was returned from the target receivers next hop (1-hop only).

is that my problem?
and what can i do`?

1 Like

I think it’s due to the low connection quality. Your screenshot shows real weak connections and that’s why they drop probably.

Try to put some more routers in between the locations

okay, but lightbulbs are routers or not?
you mean the yellow connections?

i have in every Room a Router (for example plug or lightbulb) from the conbeeII to my garden, what can i do more?

Yes. They are.

yeah than i dont understand the low connections not

i have at least one zigbee socket on every floor and the stairs or just zigbee bulbs everywhere. and in every room there are zigbee sockets, sometimes even 2-3 and zigbee bulbs.

is it a problem that i had a Hue Bridge too here?
and i had a Aqara Bridge.

is this perhaps a problem?

Are all lights you mentioned connected to deconz?

Either way, check the deconz gui, anything not green or close to green is a weak connection.

no, they are connected to the hue bridge, which means that of course they don’t work as repeaters, right?

so all lamps best in the deconz network?

They need to be in the same network indeed.

Moving then over would indeed be wise, but up to you.

okay you are right.
I don’t remember why I switched to the HUE bridge back then, but since then a lot of updates for deconz have been released.

then i’ll start with it tomorrow, it’s just a bigger action because i have a lot of automations running.
I will then give the days times feedback whether the connections have improved, if that’s okay?

an off-topic question, if it’s allowed, I have the new aqara P1 Motion Sensor, which has adjustable switching times in the aqara bridge. is it possible to set the switching times in deconz?

Sure!

I am not sure what you mean with the p1 question :sweat_smile:

Yes, it is.

@Mimiix
i mean this

Akihi ⋅ v2.16.1

• Unterstützung für Aqara P1 Bewegungsmelder RTCGQ14LM #6069

@Swoop
and how? or where can i adjust the time?

Like you configure all your devices, via REST API Sensors - deCONZ REST-API

https://dresden-elektronik.github.io/deconz-rest-doc/devices/xiaomi/xiaomi_rtcgq14lm_p1_presence_sensor/

okay, until now i dont configured a device. i only paired them and they worked. Thanks

@Mimiix

okay now all my lamps and plugs are in deconz, but it doesnt help much.
until just now all lamps were connected although yellow / red but then I just looked again and of course they flew out again.

i have now 22 Lights / Plugs as routers spread over each floor.

its funny, “garten schuppen” is the light in my garden the furthest from the conbee2 is at the end of the property and that is green??
here you see i lost again 3 lights

this lamp here in the picture is only a maximum of 1 meter away from the conbee2 and has only a weak connection of 108??

something is definitely wrong here. what can I do now?

does it make sense to set up a second conbee with raspberry? but then of course I have 2 instances running which I would not find so great

I ask manup to check in.

okay thank you