Hive no battery status

Hello,

I cant get any battery status of my Hive lights.

Tried to connect over HUE Hub and over SonOff Zigbee Stick (ZHA).
I both cases I can control the lights perfect, however I don’t get the battery status.

I run Version 0401.0020001B.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @AlexW75,

I wan to tell you that Hive lights typically do not provide battery status because they are mains-powered rather than battery-operated. This is why you’re not seeing battery information through either the HUE Hub or the SonOff Zigbee Stick (ZHA). The firmware version 0401.0020001B you mentioned also doesn’t support battery status for these devices.

Hi thanks for the reply…

Why hive lamps should be main powered they are battery lights?

Second the lamp is providing a batter Status at
PowerConfiguration (Endpoint id: 1, Id: 0x0001)
battery_percentage_remaining (id: 0x0021).
However you have to read it over a debug tool.

Hue and ZHA are not showing the battery status because the lamp tells it is main powered.

From my point of view this is a firmware bug and should be easy to fix.
A fix would greatly increase the product functionality because you don’t need to guess when to put back the lamp on the charger.

Greetings

Mine reports the battery.

Did you update the firmware?

Otau is here;
https://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/otau/

Looks like your on the same firmware as me.

Yes, FW is up to date.

You are using deCONZ there it is working as well in my case.

However when you are using ZHA or HUE or MQTT then it is not working because the device reports itself as mains powered.

From my point of view there sould be a very simple fix in the FW possible.
I guess just report the device as Battery or Unknown and all 3 Zigbee solutions will show the Hive correct with a battery state.

There is a workaround possible by polling the HIVE for the batterystate … it is working however not perfect.
A community member from Home Assistant did there a grate job.

Phoscon Hive no Battery Status - Configuration / Zigbee - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

Hive_ZHA_02

If deCONZ shows it, ZHA or Z2M can too.

As you see on my screenshot it is not showing - sorry :frowning:

When you click the link … you see there is at least another person with the same problem.

Here an example how ZHA shows Battery state … these are my BatPowerd Blinds.

No clue what you mean, because in the power config cluster i see the battery percentage.

And it shows battery.

So perhaps you need to re pair, but from a zigbee perspective it looks fine.

From the DDF deconz-rest-plugin/devices/dresden_elektronik/hive.json at master · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub
The battery level is on another sensor, can you check direclty the API ? using for exemple Phoscon/help/API Information/sensor (it’s a ZHABattery)

Take a look of the Node descriptor of the HIVE at the MACCapabilityFlags.
The device is providing Mains Power - according to my reseach this prevents ZHA/HUE/MQTT to show the battery state even there is on in the device.

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.EndDevice: 2>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.MainsPowered|RxOnWhenIdle|AllocateAddress: 140>, manufacturer_code=4405, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=True, *is_full_function_device=False, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=False, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": "0x0104",
      "device_type": "0x010d",
      "input_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0001",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0008",
        "0x0300"
      ],
      "output_clusters": [
        "0x0019"
      ]
    },
    "242": {
      "profile_id": "0xa1e0",
      "device_type": "0x0061",
      "input_clusters": [],
      "output_clusters": [
        "0x0021"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "Phoscon",
  "model": "Hive",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

This is all what is exposed to ZHA - no battery.

Can you check the ZHABattery sensor directly in the API pls ?
The DDF don’t take care of MACCapabilityFlags, we can display what we want.

Your ignoring my screenshot.

Iam showing you what the power config cluster and basic cluster advertise.

He’s not using deconz.

1 Like

Nevertheless, lets await response of @de_employees

I took a look to your secreenshot - sorry if my reply was misunderstanding.

With the ZHA Debug Tool I can read the battery value as well.
That is my current workaround to read based on an hourly timer the battery state via debug tool.

In my srceenshot you can see as well that ZHA is able to read the battery value.
However the HIVE still dont shows a battery value as all other battery powered devices i own under diagnotics.

Everything on the HIVE configuration seems correct execpt the MACCapabilityFlags at the power supply bit. I have checked all the values carefully this is the only diff in the data I could find compared to other bat powerd devices which are showing a bat state.

BTW: Just add a HIVE to a HUE Bridge … you will see there is no battery state as well.

@Smanar
I dont use deCONZ - I use ZHA (Zigbee Home Assistant).
ZHA requries some standards from the device the HIVE is exept the BAT state fulfilling.

1 Like

Anything new?