Danalock V3 (New FW 0.20.0) Losing Connection

Danalock released a new firmware. I upgraded and re-paired. Lets see if it works well.

Same, will report back as to wether the lock has a stable connection with the updated firmware.

Can report thatā€™s cr*p :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Though Iā€™m not using deCONZ, the Danalock firmware somehow just getting worse by every ā€œupdateā€

Seems like they are trying to force people to abandon the lock for good.

With the latest update, the lock will only report the state by itself the first hour or so. After that you have to query the lock before it gets responsive againā€¦.for an hour or so. Even manually turning the lock, wonā€™t wake it up. Downgraded the lock (yes it IS possible, despite Danalock claiming itā€™s not possible) and the problem disappears.

Shame on you Danalock :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Have a little pity on them :upside_down_face:. They are trying to solve a hard problem without the help of a community. Itā€™s a battery powered device, so it has to be conservative, but unlike temperature sensors it has to be pretty responsive - in an environment that has changed every time it wakes up. Probably quite hard. Unlike Dresden Electronik, they donā€™t have the courage to be transparent and open source any part of the stack, or to have a forum. That makes it harder for them. But the hardware is really nice :slight_smile: .

I installed the firmware yesterday and initially it was working well, but not one of my locks has dropped off the network and I canā€™t send commands to it.

Are there any release notes for the firmware?

Same problem here. The first hour or so itā€™s working, but then the zigbee connection just dies.

Only way for me is to take out the batteries for the zigbee to work againā€¦ā€¦for an hour :frowning:

I emailed Danalock again. They said the latest firmware doesnā€™t contain a fix for this issue.

Why release an update when they donā€™t fix anything? :slight_smile:

I can confirm that downgrading the firmware to 0.17.15 makes the lock come alive again. Itā€™s been working the last 6 hours without any problems :slight_smile:

It might have fixed other things. I canā€™t find the release notes.

Do you have a copy of the earlier firmware?

Yeah, could be.

Danalock never do release notes.

Yes, I finally managed to get all the earlier firmware.

Also I donā€™t know if there are different hardware revisions, so use it at your own risk :slight_smile:

@Mimiix is it okay to post firmware / link to firmware here?

1 Like

Iā€™m fairly sure mine came with 0.17.15 when I bought it, but the first thing I usually do when setting up a new device is update it. If only I hadnā€™t!

Sure.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the 0.17.15 firmware

I will upload the rest I got later today, if anyone is interested poking around in the files :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to @smulle48 for the firmware. Unfortunately I cannot downgrade. I emailed Danalock when I was getting an error using the above firmware and they sent over another copy of it. However certain hardware versions cannot downgrade.

This is a bit worrisome: the fix wonā€™t be released via the app, but via the hub? So I need to buy a hub (which one?) to get the fix?

For me the update is working fine thus far, at least for more than an hour. Not sure what is different in my situation, besides the fact that I do use the Conbee II module.

I use Conbee II as well, the issue only occurs if the lock doesnā€™t connect directly to it.

Thatā€™s a clever way to get their danabridge hub sold :money_mouth_face:

You can use the otau with deconz afaik.

1 Like

But surely if the FW is available to upload through Deconz, we should be able to use the app. Their comment doesnā€™t really make much sense.