Danalock V3 (New FW 0.20.0) Losing Connection

Please don’t close this topic, a lot of people including me are checking this page every day or so to see updates on the situation of Danalock issue.

2 Likes

Not planning to :slight_smile:

1 Like

Small update: I’ve added the DDF as PR which should be available shortly in the next release.

From what I can see in the sniffer logs there are two problems in play, one is fixed in ConBee/RaspBee firmware the other needs to be addressed in the lock firmware. Please refer to the PR description for more details and the updated ConBee firmware.

3 Likes

Looking forward to this being added to Home Assistant :slight_smile: Thanks for your efforts!

Have Danalock been updated about their firmware issue?

Hi @manup thanks for this. I’m a ZHA user would I need to create a similar PR here, for ZHA in Home Assistant? GitHub - zigpy/zha-device-handlers: ZHA device handlers bridge the functionality gap created when manufacturers deviate from the ZCL specification, handling deviations and exceptions by parsing custom messages to and from Zigbee devices.

You need to ask the ZHA developers.

Yes we’ve forwarded the findings and a bit of technical details, so hopefully this helps to extend the lock firmware.

Note one problem can already be addressed by upgrading the ConBee firmware to 0x26780700 to bring a tat more stability.

1 Like

Yes as Mimiix mentioned it’s best to ask the ZHA developers, I don’t know how/if the lock is integrated with ZHA or if this needs extra code in device handlers. But I recommend the 0x26780700 ConBee firmware here independent of the outer Zigbee integration.

Thanks! I’ve just done that, so hopefully that helps! My lock connects directly to the Conbee II so does that mean I shouldn’t have the Danalock firmware issue you mentioned?

If the lock is always only connected to the coordinator the router related issues shouldn’t be a problem here. So fingers crossed that it runs smoother with the new firmware. The DDF in the upcoming release should help further.

So far my lock hasn’t lost connection, it’s currently connected directly to the coordinator as well.

1 Like

Great thanks!

So far it’s been connected for just over 14 hours and it’s still working. A big improvement over 5 minutes.

Good, no, great news! My lock is still connected over 36 hours later. Thank you :slight_smile:

I’ve added the new DDF and will assess this now. Thank you guys :slight_smile:

Because of the success I’ve had with my first lock since installing the new firmware, I’ve fitted a second Danalock. Exactly the same symptoms happened. ZigBee would disconnect after a few minutes.

Checking Deconz, I could see this lock, as it’s further away, is connecting via another device.

I’ve now turned off this device and restarted the Danalock which has now connected directly to the coordinator. Since then it’s connection has been working well.

Hopefully this behaviour is fixed by a firmware update to the lock. Any news from Danalock on that? They haven’t responded to my updated service ticket.

Not better here with 2.16.1
Doorlock status still stops to update after hours/days and need to be restarted (by removing battery) to get a new status sync

The two fixes are the ConBeeII firmware (not Deconz version) and the Danalock firmware (which hasn’t been updated yet).

The ConBeeII firmware works, providing your lock connects directly to Conbee rather than through another device. Mine was working fine until yesterday when the Danalock moved it’s connection to another device. Hopefully that issue will be fixed by the Danalock firmware.

I had a reply to Danalock support. Their Devs are apparently working on new firmware, however there’s no ETA.

2 Likes

Is there any way to force a device to connect directly to the coordinator? The lock is 1m away from the coordinator, yet it still prefers another route.

It s technicaly possible during the inclusion, but it’s useless, because the device can change later.
Not possible to force the device to stay at the same place.

Any news on the Danalock firmware update? Danalock tech support haven’t responded to me since April 22nd!

Nope, my last message from them was 8 days ago.