ConBee III Dead Network after firmware update

I just updated my Conbee III to the new firmware to have the Ikea/SONOFF bug fixed. Now my network is just dead:

No lines between any devices… help?

I tried going back to stock firmware (26450900) and still nothing…

Did you try to upload the backup after firmware upgrade ? I just upgraded the firmware and upload the backup and everything is working fine.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Everything works again.

I did not know the backup restores something on the Conbee (?).

I always updated the conbee II without the need to restore a backup. Is this a bug?

Since a backup allow to migrate from one conbee to another I assume that backup restore nvram on conbee to keep pairing with all device.
I don’t know if it’s a bug I always restore backup after upgrade, I think that’s a good practice even if it might not be mandatory.

Hi I’m the Firmware Developer of the CB3. There is currently a issue where the Bootloader sometimes overwrites the UserConfig while doing a Firmware update (chances this happens are about 1/5, depending in where in NVMEM the config is currently written to). This will be fixed in the upcoming Firmware (0x26510900). You can just load a backup and it should be fixed for now.

The upgrade to the next Version (26510900) should be the last time the config can be lost.

deCONZ and HA should automatically create periodic Backups that you can apply if your config gets lost.

But like @dduransseau said its good practice to always do a backup before the firmware update and apply a backup after.

Best Regards
Eric

2 Likes

Maybe add this info to Update deCONZ manually · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki · GitHub? :slight_smile:

I agree with this.