ConBee 2 disconnects 1-3 Times a day

Hmmm. Maybe a neighbor with new wifi? Don‘t know what else can i do as nothing has changed on my side physical and virtual. Well, changed positioning again.

And those interferences causes the ConBee 2 to reconnect itself?

One thing i forgot to mention was i updated the firmware to 0x266f0700 before my Conbee 2 went nuts. Now after some more testing i downgraded to 0x266e0700 and anything went back to normal. Not a single timeout, not a single 0xE1, no disconnect, no quirky usb connection.

The question is now with the newest beta firmware what causes those new “interference issues” i’ve never had any problems with, and why i don’t have them with the older firmware?

1 Like

This is intresting though. I’ve forwared this topic to @manup.

Now with firmware 0x26700700 i have no 0xE1 too, but the random disconnects are still there. So i reverted back to 0x266e0700 :frowning:

Would be nice to see some logs.

https://pastebin.com/k5SiZTBR

As you can see, with the newest beta no 0xE1, but still disconnects randomly.

Any news on this? Updated yesterday to 26720700 and got the disconnects again. So went back to 0x266e0700 another time…

Hi! I’ve a similar/identical issue on a kvm hass os with a z2mqtt plugin. For the past year I’ve been unable to make it stable long-term, every few days I need to login to the host machine, remove the conbee II usb device and add it back(VM hardware configuration). As far as I can tell it disconnects itself, then reconnects under a different COM.

I’ve tried replicating this as above with deconz and all the logging, but no luck. Any recommended way to troubleshoot this on the above setup?

UPDATE: 26720700 firmware, plugged to usb2 port, long extension cable. @ReviloEgros I wanted to try out the 266e0700 but phoscon does not seem to host it… or does it and I somehow missed that?

deCONZ Beta Firmware

1 Like

@de_employees

I totally missed this. Sorry.

thanks, flashed, will test and report back.

rock solid so far, as compared to hourly (at worst) breakdowns. So I would say the main question now is what makes 266e0700 so different from others?

@Mimiix reinforcing above query

I can’t answer it. I need @de_employees to step in.

I assumed the same from your earlier reply, but I can’t reference that group so I’ve referenced you again instead : )

Im glad to hear that someone has the exact same issues. So i‘m not the only one…

Can´t reproduce this issue so far.
I´ve forwarded this internnaly. Please be patient.

I remember that since I’ve went from that version I noticed 0xE1 too. However I also moved the machine to an metal surrounded area. Manuel told me that probsbly was the issue.

Thanks! I realize the supporting material/proof is poor at this point. However, instructions on logging so far did not translate well into the setup I have: kvm hass os with a z2mqtt plugin. If I use deconz on host there’s no issue, but when I map the device to kvm with z2m it happens all the time. If there’s a logging approach I can use with the hass os kvm, I’ll be happy to give it a go.