ConBee 2 disconnects 1-3 Times a day

Hello,

a few days ago i noticed that my ConBee 2 disconnects and reconnects to USB 1 to 3 or more times a day. Today i noticed some unreachable devices and some that have a serious lag when i try to send commands. After a reboot everything was fine again. It was rock solid for months until a few days ago. So my question is which command line options should i use to get you the right debug output you need to troubleshoot the issue? I‘m running deconz headless on a nuc with ubuntu as os. No container, just plain deconz.

Hi @ReviloEgros ,
sounds like interferences or a loop-bug.
Please do a firmware update as mentioned here: Update deCONZ manually · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki · GitHub

Do you use a USB 2.0 port and a USB extension?
Atm i just know the way to get to the debug mode in deCONZ. I will ask our programmers.

Already Updated yesterday to the newest firmware, also the phoscon app. My Problem persists. Yes it is on USB 2.0 and with extension cable. Nothing changed, just added a Hue bulb. The strange thing is, it disconnects by itself every time 2 times in a row. I can‘t find a pattern what causes the disconnects. But it is not the loop bug i read everywhere about, because it doesn‘t loop.

Alright, here you find all debug cmds:

Let me know what you get there.

From the Discord:

To get debug logs in a GUI installation, open deCONZ and click Help . After that, click Debug View . The following debug levels need to be enabled for proper logging: INFO , ERROR ,ERROR_L2 ,APS ,APS_L2 . To get debug logs in a headless installation / ssh session, use the following commands:

sudo systemctl stop deconz-gui
      sudo systemctl stop deconz
      /usr/bin/deCONZ -platform minimal --dbg-aps=1 --dbg-info=2 --dbg-error=2 > debug.txt

When done, exit the process with CTRL+C . You can now start the systemctl service again. Your logs will be in the debug.txt file in the current directory. Be sure to capture at least a few minutes worth of logs. When sharing these logs, DO NOT attempt to paste them into a channel. Instead use a pastebin service such as this or this. When done, don’t forget to disable logging. This is especially important when running off an SD card, as it will cause unnessecary writes, and might shorten the life of your media.

Thank you. Will try to catch the right information needed when the next disconnect appears and get back here.

1 Like

It seems to me that this is similar to the behavior of one of my sticks, but I don’t have the same disconnect frequency as the author of the topic. Moreover, I don’t have disconnects, but simply devices stop communicating with the hub.

From time to time some of my Xiaomi Mijia contact sensors are reported as unreachable. At first i blamed the sensors, deleted it, paired again and it works for days or weeks until they are unreachable again. But lately i noticed after my usb disconnect problem started to happen, that after some of them the sensors become reachable again, without repairing.

But no disconnect so far after i enabled loging yesterday. Classical demonstration effect.

As it turned out, my problem is also related to the usb disconnect, but my case is more about proxmox.

After some more days of testing and changing cables/position/usb ports the random disconnects still happen. This is what it looks like:

[Fr Jul 16 18:23:39 2021] usb 1-3.1: USB disconnect, device number 10
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:39 2021] usb 1-3.1: new full-speed USB device number 11 using xhci_hcd
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:39 2021] usb 1-3.1: New USB device found, idVendor=1cf1, idProduct=0030, bcdDevice= 1.00
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:39 2021] usb 1-3.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:39 2021] usb 1-3.1: Product: ConBee II
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:39 2021] usb 1-3.1: Manufacturer: dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik GmbH
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:39 2021] usb 1-3.1: SerialNumber: DE2251106
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:39 2021] cdc_acm 1-3.1:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:43 2021] usb 1-3.1: USB disconnect, device number 11
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:43 2021] usb 1-3.1: new full-speed USB device number 12 using xhci_hcd
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:43 2021] usb 1-3.1: New USB device found, idVendor=1cf1, idProduct=0030, bcdDevice= 1.00
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:43 2021] usb 1-3.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:43 2021] usb 1-3.1: Product: ConBee II
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:43 2021] usb 1-3.1: Manufacturer: dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik GmbH
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:43 2021] usb 1-3.1: SerialNumber: DE2251106
[Fr Jul 16 18:23:43 2021] cdc_acm 1-3.1:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

As you can see, 2 disconnects in a row, everytime this happens.

And here is the deCONZ Log from 18:23, if you need more, please ask!

As I said above, I think this is either a driver or a hardware. You need to try, for example, by plugging in an external board with usb 2.0, etc.

I dont think it‘s a driver issue. As i said, i‘m running natively under ubuntu with the same driver for almost a year now. And since it is not related to the cable i used nor the usb port, it must be then a firmware oder hardware issue with the conbee 2 itself. Maybe the devs can tell something about with the log i provided. I got many timeouts logged, but dunno if its normal or a problem.

Something new. With this disconnect/reconnect a few minutes ago the kernel is saying this:

[Do Jul 22 12:43:07 2021] usb 1-1: unable to read config index 0 descriptor/all
[Do Jul 22 12:43:07 2021] usb 1-1: can't read configurations, error -110

I just found this github issue. This is exactly the same! Glad i‘m not the only one.

Doesn’t change a thing…

Can you please add the logs i requested earlier?

Never mind. Just found them. I need to change the colors on this theme for links :joy:

@ReviloEgros Can you provide logs with APS=2 ?

Yes, but can take a little time.

09:23 the next two disconnects. Here is the APS=2 Log.

You have interference issues. 0xE1is interference

Refer to: