Can not add Aqara Window and Door Sensor to Phoscon

Thanks again to Smanar.
Again a little success. I set DDF in the control panel to: Basic → Silver
After a few Seconds the name of the sensor changed in deConz to “OpenClose 7”

In Cluster Info => IAS Zone you can see the Zone Status od “Alarm 1” changing if you open or close the sensor. That seems to be good.

Next good news - the sensor appears in phoscon as well.

BUT - it only appears. Ther is no change of the status. Its always closed (geschlossen).

The sensor "Fenster- / Türkontaktsensor (2) is the old version working fine and “OpenClose 7” is the new version - not working / always closed (geschlossen)

I have a different but related problem adding this door and window sensor. I was actually successful initially adding it using phoscon and the deconz GUI. The node appeared in the GUI as a non-descript device, and I was able to get it to pair and show up in Phoscon by reading the descriptors and cluster info while pressing the button repeatedly to keep the sensor awake.

However, I did not like the router that the door/window sensor bonded with and I foolishly deleted the sensor from Phoscon (not realizing how lucky I was to have successfully paired the sensor at all). Now when I try to re-pair it (even using bronze DDF and hybrid mode), it will not show up in the GUI. Do I need to delete an entry for this device somewhere so I can try to re-pair it “fresh”, and if so, how do I do that? Thanks!

@Ar-Eh if you have deleted it using deconz, it have deleted it too in the API.
And it can not appaear in the API or phoscon, but nothing can prevent it to be visible in deconz itself (the GUI), except if you realy have an issue.

Check if you have not for exemple phoscon open on 2 browser page.

@papamorpheus can you show the device JSON ? You can find it in phoscon / help / api information / sensors
Can you try too the 3 DDF mode, Basic / hybrid / strict ?

Edit:
BTW I m reading the DDF, one the DDF it use the Xiami cluster and not the IAS cluster, I will try to ask if I can find the one that have make this DDF.

Hello Smanar,

yes, I tested it in all DDF modes. It seems, as there is no difference.
Here are the JSON Files.

And now - something strange happens.
While playing arround and after a newstart of deConz the sensor changed its look in deConz:

OC7_working

Since this time, its working in Phoscon as well.

Everything is ok now? Unfortunately, no.
I have a second of these new sensors and the some problem again.
I can not replicate what I did to get the first one working…

Lol, The only difference I m seing is the config/pending field.
And why it have a config/temperature ? I don’t think you have it on the DDF version.
One is using the on/off cluster the 0x0006 and the other the IAS 0x0500
The 0x0500 is better.

The config/pending field, can mean the integration is not finished and there is still something in queue list (so can work alone later)

So pressing the button shortly every seconds after the inclusion procedure (the long press) to prevent the device going to sleep can help for that.

You can too go in the DDF editor (right clic + “edit DDF”) and make “hot reload” in the menu

Hello Smanar,
you are right - temparature makes no sens. But its the same on the old (working) version and on sonoff window sonsors. They show any strange temperature. I am just ignoring this info.

But you gave the crutical hint. Its teh kind of cluster. If I change the cluster bei DDF editor, the sensors will work.
Great. But now im am interested in what i am doing.
What are these JSON files and where are they stored? If I buy a new sensor, I have to change its JSON file too?
Sorry for all these questions, but as I wrote before - I whant to understand what I am doing
…and at the moment I installed the conbee stick on windows. My smarthome installation is running on a headless raspberry where I have no deConz with GUI…
Best regards

edit:
stopped working. After I deleted both of the new sensors and tried to pair them again, same problem…

I m interested by your modification ^^.

stopped working. After I deleted both of the new sensors and tried to pair them again, same problem

Arf, try just with waiting some time, perhaps a command is in waiting list.
Pressing the button shortly every 1s AFTER the inclusion procedure haven’t worked ?

And using “Hot reload” in DDF editor ?

What are these JSON files and where are they stored? If I buy a new sensor, I have to change its JSON file too?

In the future all zigbee devices will have 1 json. I can be wrong but official DDF are with deconz app, and your own DDF can be where you want (take care at right permissions)

JSON check device and compare model id and manufacture name, so all sensor with the same will use same DDF.

Hi guys,

I do have the same issue as @papamorpheus, I am able to pair the new version of Aqara door sensors via the DDF-thing, but they are shown as not reachable in Phoscon App and no update of their status (open/close).
I tried the trick to press the button every second after pairing, but also no success. Also several restarts of deCONZ and my Windows-PC do not solve the issue.

Any advice? Maybe it is working now at @papamorpheus since there was no new reply?

Version 2.14.01 / 06.02.2022
Firmware 26720700
(I need to update both before pairing worked at all)
deCONZ running on Windows 10

Can you guys turn on DBG_IAS logging in deconz GUI (just that) and look out for some line containing No IAS sensor found for endpoint:? Please note that the MAC address right before the message must match the Xiaomi sensor.

Sorry for the bullshit question: where can I find the logs after turning on IAS logging? There is a debug.txt file in APPDATA/Local/deCONZ, but it is > 1 year old and there is no such entry. I cannot find anything else which looks like a log file…

P.S.: I followed this guide for debugging.

Edit: Now I noticed that the Debug view itself shows the logs, sorry for being such an idot :sweat_smile:
However, there is absolutely no entry when turn on IAS only after approx. 10minutes meanwhile. If I turn on some others, then there appear several lines immediately. That’s how I noticed how this works by the way :smiley:

We all started somewhere :slight_smile:

Have you opened/closed a sensor in question? If there’s an issue, it will generate that line. If not, then this is not the route to look closer.

Hi, everyone
and sorry for the long absence. Sometimes the job takes more time than you would like.
I gave up. I couldn’t get the new version of the Aqara window/door sensor to run stably.

Thanks for the hint, when opening / closing the sensor, there appear exactly the entries you mentioned:

08:52:00:971 [IAS ZONE] - Address 0x54EF44100025ADA1, Payload 010100000000, Command 0x00
08:52:00:974 [IAS ZONE] - 0x54EF44100025ADA1 No IAS sensor found for endpoint: 0x01

remark: there are 7 such entries for every closing. The numbers after Payload is slightly different, the rest is the same.

What do those lines mean?

Edit:
since there is a limit of 3 replies within one topic ( :thinking: ), I need to edit my former post…
@Smanar: Not sure if I understand correctly. When adding the sensor via GUI, the log entries are the same:

19:06:43:011 [IAS ZONE] - Address 0x54EF44100025ADA1, Payload 000100000000, Command 0x00
19:06:43:011 [IAS ZONE] - 0x54EF44100025ADA1 No IAS sensor found for endpoint: 0x01

That means the sensor is not in the API - but how can I solve this? Any ideas?

It just mean, deconz receive notification on the cluster IAS, but he don’t don’t find sensor using this cluster in the API.
Just mean generaly the sensor is not in the API.

Try doing the same thing when when phoscon is trying to add new device (add new snesor)

Looks like it’s getting indeed warmer after all. Smanar’s advice would be the next logical step and hopefully bring the solution. Keeping my fingers crossed.

@wosch You got a sensor created as well like here? Can not add Aqara Window and Door Sensor to Phoscon - #22 by papamorpheus

A message on a missing sensor, although it exists, is really strage…

Just noticed something. Could you guys please try to modify the respective DDF and add the marked passage? Please be cautious about the commas :slight_smile:

{
          "name": "config/enrolled",
          "public": false,
          "description": "State of IAS enrollment process.",
          "default": 1
        },

I’d recommend a deconz restart after the amendment.

1 Like

Sorry guys, what exactly do you want me to do? Do you mean open / close the sensor while adding it? If yes, I’ve already did and there was no difference. The logs mentioned above were after pairing while open/close the sensor. Not sure if I understand correctly, sorry! :frowning:

We’re getting closer :slight_smile: After doing that, the sensors are now shown correctly in Phoscon. Also the status open / close is now detected.
But… the status is not shown / detected correctly always but only sometimes. I recognized that the “first” change of status after some minutes where the sensor is just lying on my desk, is detected correctly, but then this “new” status is like frozen. The sensor light is blue for some seconds and any further change of the status is not detected in this time. When the blue light at the sensor is off again, then it is working correctly again. It seems like after waking up, the sensor needs some time to get working properly again. Very strange from my point of view… Do any logs will help you guys in order to investigate?

Yes, same sensor (new version) and same procedure for pairing.

Edit: Even the sensor’s state is not properly detected when playing around on my desk (whereas an old version sensor does) - both new version sensors do when they are applied on my relay. To sum up, thank you very much @Swoop and @Smanar, for me the issue is solved! :slight_smile:

Does the 2.15.0 beta bring better support for this sensor? I do not see it referenced in the changelog. If not, does anyone know whether better support for them a sensor is planned for an upcoming version?

Hello all,

Is there any further news about this sensor? I bought two this week and I can’t get them to work. The sensors appear in deCONZ - the communication seems to be working. I’ve tried everything described, but nothing changes. They do not appear in Phoscon / they are not recognized as sensors in deconz. (Name is Hexcode)

I’m using deCONZ V.2.22.2, Phoscon 26720700, within Home Assistant.