[Beginner] Moisture channel missing at moisture sensor?

Hi there,
I am facing a problem with a moisture sensor: in Phoscon App (and therefore in openhab) the sensor does not show all measured values, but only some of them. Light [Lux], pressure [hPa] and humidity [%] - all of them are 0 since the sensor does not measure them, but the chip is actually prepared to measure it. Additionally, the battery SOC [%] is shown correctly. Unfortunately the only value which I am interested in is moisture which is not shown:

I guess that the moisture is measured since “last updated” shows “now” or “a few seconds ago” immediately after putting the sensor in water. Also deconz shows a “soil moisture” channel, but there all values in cluster info are shown as 0 as well:
deconz

I am not sure if the measured value should be shown correctly here, at least other sensors do show a measured value different than 0 but it’s not like 25°C e.g. for a temperature sensor. So maybe there is more than the issue that the channel is not shown at all?

It would be great if you may help me how to manually add (?) the moisture channel to show in Phoscon App as those values are shown in openhab where I am handling this value. Or did I do something wrong during pairing? I did the pairing in Phoscon App a few times meanwhile and it worked properly and directly within a few seconds all the time. But always moisture is not shown.

I am using deconz for several sensor, but “only” to get them into openhab. That’s why I am not really skilled in deconz and don’t have any idea what to do - just to be honest :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!
wosch

Version: 2.14.01 / 6.2.2022
Firmware: 26720700

Hello I don’t see your device in deconz app, so I think your device is just not supported.
Can you give the model id and the manufacture name ? Or better the API entry for this device (the json)

But I think all problem can be solved using a DDF.

It’s this one

Ha yes ^^ thx.
So sorry, I was wrong.

Remember the moisture cluster is not managed by phoscon, so you need OpenHab to see it or take a look direclty in the api > phoscon / help / API Information.

Can you try to “wake up the device” when trying to read the attribute using Phoscon ? It s a slepping device, so you can have a timeout error.
Can you show other cluster too pls ?

You can “complete” the API, with setting phoscon in permit join (add new device) and read again the device descriptors (first circle in node title)

When a value is displayed on deconz on the attribute list, it need to be updated in phoscon/openHab in same time, so strange you have a value for temperature other than 0, but still 0 in phoscon …

Hi,

thanks for the quick response @Smanar and @Mimiix!

Just to double-confirm, I am talking about the sensor linked by Mimiix, correct.

Regarding the questions:

API information shows moisture also - interesting. But “last updated” is shown as none and “moisture” is null:
API

{
    "config": {
        "battery": 100,
        "on": true,
        "reachable": true
    },
    "ep": 1,
    "etag": "69692bf0cf4641270898050bc929be80",
    "lastannounced": null,
    "lastseen": "2022-07-06T07:59Z",
    "manufacturername": "modkam.ru",
    "modelid": "DIYRuZ_Flower",
    "name": "Bodensensor2",
    "state": {
        "lastupdated": "none",
        "moisture": null
    },
    "swversion": "22/07/2021 10:04",
    "type": "ZHAMoisture",
    "uniqueid": "00:12:4b:00:28:1a:9a:a2-01-0408"
}

Temperature shows values (temperature = 0), however “last updated” is different to Phoscon App (not sure if this is helpfull at all - it seems there is a gap of exactly two hours, maybe it’s just a different time zone or something):

{
        "offset": 0,
    },
    "etag": "3e8a89e6d9ed48248e791c6510b57495",
    "lastseen": "2022-07-06T08:01Z",
        "lastupdated": "2022-07-06T08:01:25.572",
        "temperature": 0
    },
    "type": "ZHATemperature",
    "uniqueid": "00:12:4b:00:28:1a:9a:a2-01-0402"
}

Ha, this was a good apporach! At least API information includes now a moisture value (=4) and “last updated” is not “none” anymore:

{
    },
    "etag": "1dbc18d2c8eb33d82067fba8cba722d2",
    "lastseen": "2022-07-06T08:15Z",
        "lastupdated": "2022-07-06T08:15:07.377",
        "moisture": 4
    },
    "uniqueid": "00:12:4b:00:28:1a:9a:a2-01-0408"
}

Cluster information shows also a value for moisture now (446):
clust_moist

However, I do not see moisture (-0408) in Phosconn App and (therefore?) not in openhab. The other channels (-0400, -0402, -0403, -0405) are shown in both. But those values are not measured.

Basic:

Power:

The others (pressure, humidity, …) do show 0 only as they are not measured. I guess this is not interesting for you, right?

Ok, I set permit join:
permit_joint

then click the first cirlce:
1circle

and then clicked all shown point here. Some of them went from grey after clicking directly to white or it was shown (001) ==> (000). Only IEEE Address took some time (180) ==> (000):
decriptors
descripors2

Was this what you want me to do?
What should happen when doing this? Sorry for the bullshit question maybe, but I am not familiar with Phoscon in such detailed way :smiley:
Anyway, still moisture is not shown in Phoscon app and openhab. But API information seems to include moisture as measured value now. At least the value changed during the time I wrote this post here. The sensor is measuring every 30mins only, so I need to wait in order to double-confirm that the value is measured further.

Thanks a lot for your help and pacience with a beginner and sorry again for some silly questions! :slight_smile:

Phoscon don’t support the ZHAMoisture, perhaps it s same for OpenHAB, you have it visible on the API so third app can see it, can be a synchronisation issue, or just the openHAB plugin haven’t whitelisted this kind of sensor, can ask on their forum.

The others (pressure, humidity, …) do show 0 only as they are not measured. I guess this is not interesting for you, right?

It mean your hardware is not configured to use them ? So it’s normal all value are 0 ?

About your issue, when you include the device, deconz detect clusters, make 1 sensor by cluster and configure binding/reporting. Its the more important part, if this part fail, no automatic reporting, so the value never change (or only when you ask it yourself, for exemple using the GUI).

Battery device sleep, and can go to sleep too fast for deconz finish the setting just after the inclusion ^^ (even deconz will retry later). Or can be the “disabled cluster” that block the procedure (the temperature or humidity).

But I m not sure to understant why the cluster humidity and temperature are still showing 0 ?

ok, got it.

Edit: this is correct. Supported sensors in OH do not contain ZHAMoisture :frowning:

Exactly. The chip can be used for several measurements (temperature, humidity, light, …) but in case of mine, moisture only is indeed measured.

Thanks for your quick support!

Regards,
wosch

NP, but ask for OpenHab plugin dev to add this sensor, It’s realy the same code than for other sensor, not so hard to add it.

1 Like

Just in case anybody with openhab is reading this thread: “Smarthome/J Deconz binding” includes ZHAMoisture now.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the information about modkam.ru sensors. However, I have another problem. For me, according to the data in “lastseen”, the sensor always seems to be detected. The “lastupdate” and “moisture” values are unfortunately not updated, when I query the data via the APi I get the following.
{
“config”: {
“battery”: 100,
“on”: true,
“reachable”: true
},
“ep”: 1,
“etag”: “7c4e85638313a8888ad4a461a9ad7511”,
“lastannounced”: “2022-09-13T17:32:18Z”,
“lastseen”: “2022-09-13T23:33Z”,
“manufacturername”: “modkam.ru”,
“modelid”: “DIYRuZ_Flower”,
“name”: “Feuchtigkeit Rasen”,
“state”: {
“lastupdated”: “2022-09-04T07:19:22.509”,
“moisture”: 95
},
“swversion”: “22/07/2021 10:04”,
“type”: “ZHAMoisture”,
“uniqueid”: “00:12:4b:00:18:2d:97:e9-01-0408”
}

Maybe someone has an idea what is wrong with my sensors?

Can you try to change the Moiusture value using water ? Or compare with the value displayed in deconz ?

If you read the value in deconz, it update the value in same time in the API ?

I have placed the sensor in a glass of water the following shows the API

{
},
"etag": "3fc772bab76e830260d40ba6b57fe0f2",
"lastannounced": "2022-09-12T18:39:02Z",
"lastseen": "2022-09-14T23:35Z",
"name": "Feuchtigkeit Test",
    "lastupdated": "2022-09-14T23:35:32.142",
    "moisture": 4
},
"uniqueid": "00:12:4b:00:08:6e:f4:43-01-0408"

}

In Deconz I get the following display

But in both no changed value for moisture is shown

Using the VNC interface I strangely get the correct value of 100% displayed

So during your test the value was updated ? except I hope the value become 100% too later, because 4 % for full water …
Perhaps the device update the battery, so you have more recent value for lastseen than lastupdate (this one concern only the “moisture” field)

After 2 days the picture has changed completely. Now, for some sensors, the values between lastseen and lastupdated are “on par” and the Moisture values have probably also changed to the correct values. the 2 hours deviation is due to the time zone.

{
“config”: {
“battery”: 100,
“on”: true,
“reachable”: true
},
“ep”: 1,
“etag”: “b35cf93939e536a8590d5d8dfec6914e”,
“lastannounced”: “2022-09-16T11:19:44Z”,
“lastseen”: “2022-09-17T10:56Z”,
“manufacturername”: “modkam.ru”,
“modelid”: “DIYRuZ_Flower”,
“name”: “Feuchtigkeit Rasen”,
“state”: {
“lastupdated”: “2022-09-17T10:56:41.586”,
“moisture”: 93
},
“swversion”: “22/07/2021 10:04”,
“type”: “ZHAMoisture”,
“uniqueid”: “00:12:4b:00:18:2d:97:e9-01-0408”
}

However, the values for Moisture are still different in both views

What is further strange is that the values for pressure are sometimes 0 or further times NULL.

I have some problem with your language ^^, Moisture is visible in phoscon now ?
On our side we haven’t impact on Phoscon display.

What is further strange is that the values for pressure are sometimes 0 or further times NULL.

For this, it’s possible to do something. You have 0/Null value in the API too ? And for all values ?

But it will mean make a DDF for this device, to exclude 0/null values. Ony need to add a Json file, no c++ correction. But it’s certainly from the device itself, no more information about that ? No battery issues ?

Sorry for the language problems. I think it is not a DDF problem, because it is always the same sensors. Here are the values of the sensor test:

{
},
"etag": "7e835fbd885d26286d57d27a494ee3bf",
"lastannounced": "2022-09-16T11:20:07Z",
"lastseen": "2022-09-17T11:16Z",
"name": "Feuchtigkeit Test",
    "lastupdated": "2022-09-12T23:39:22.867",
    "pressure": 0
},
"type": "ZHAPressure",
"uniqueid": "00:12:4b:00:08:6e:f4:43-01-0403"

}

Here are the values for the sensor lawn:

{
},
"etag": "64f0b3f10f905beef06d3811b3d55982",
"lastannounced": "2022-09-16T11:19:44Z",
"lastseen": "2022-09-17T11:21Z",
"name": "Feuchtigkeit Rasen",
    "lastupdated": "none",
    "pressure": null
},
"type": "ZHAPressure",
"uniqueid": "00:12:4b:00:18:2d:97:e9-01-0403"

}

I hope that was described understandably

With the sensors values come back once once not and therefore the values are probably once “0” and once “null”. What generally irritates me is that values for “moisture” are supplied by one and the same sensor, but not for “pressure”. I assumed that the sensor always transmits all values when it sends, but maybe this is my misunderstanding.

Phoscon is the view via VNC? Yes there are now also values for “moisture” displayed.

But as said, these are different from the values in the web interface.

Yes it need.
The sensor don’t send all values in same time, it use 1 different cluster every time, and with their own report setting.

When you read the value using deconz, it update the API in same time, and as phoscon use the API too, it need to updated in phoscon too (can need a refresh)
But check direclty in the API, I don’t undersand where is moisture on your phoscon, and IDK which one cooking is making phoscon internaly.

You can have a “zigbee setting issue”, try to re-include the device, without deleting it, so all will be invisible for you, and deconz will set again the device (remake the bind and report)

But I don’t see how you can have null value, it’s possible at startup, but not after a valid value.