Xiaomi Aqara Smart Pet Feeder C1

Hi,
I am thinking to buy a Xiaomi Aqara Smart Pet Feeder C1 for my cat. Does this device work fine with deCONZ ? Is there any DDF configuration file available today ?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

What did you decide upon? I’m looking for a solid solution that can be integrated into HA.

Unfortunately, I did not find any solution with Deconz. Since I had a spare zigbee usb dongle, I manage the pet feeder with zigbee2mqtt which fully recognized this device. My other zigbee devices are still managed by Deconz.

You could write up a device request by following this guide [Read Me] Device request read me

1 Like

I see there is already a request: Add DDF for Xiaomi Aqara Smart Pet Feeder C1 (PETC1-M01/aqara.feeder.acn001) · Issue #6595 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub

But it seems there is an inability to create a DDF for this device, because the manufacturer is not reported by the device itself. So, if I were to purchase this device, the only option I have it to ditch DeCONZ and go for ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT?

I read this article some weeks ago. This motivated me to move to Zigbee2mqtt for this device. However, concerning the manufacture name, it is correctly given to Zigbee2mqtt:

Not sure how they did this…

Maybe you guys could check if you see a manufacturer id with deconz? If you see a manufacturer id, it could be possible to re-open the closed PR that McOrmick found.

1 Like

Edit: I created Aqara Pet Feeder C1 .

1 Like

This is beyond stupid. Someone closed the new request because it is a duplicate of the 1.5 year old one that did not result in anything usable. Apparently that is what you get when participating in trying to make something better for all. Giving it a last shot by asking for a reopening of either device request ticket before I move everything off of deCONZ.