Upgrade to ConBee III from ConBee I

After running into all these problems as well i got it working now by building my own container based on the not yet merged PR #217. With that i finally have my network online again via the Conbee3

Setting the baudrate on the host without the fresh container did not solve it for me but might still be needed for it to work. Did not yet try

Iā€™m afraid my last post was overly optimistic - while i now see the gateway as online no command goes through and it is still on the wrong channel after i loaded the backup. deconz vnc looks like itā€™s connecting but it isnā€™t
Back to conbee2 for now it is

Just got the info that the PR will be merged soon (I think tomorrow).

We have tested the channel stuff extensively but only on native setups, Iā€™ll make some tests with the docker version as soon as the PR is in, it shouldnā€™t make a difference to native setups but who knows.

1 Like

I can confirm that the latest container (which was rebuilt with the same version number :frowning: ) and the udev rule in place Conbee III is working. My network is up and everything works so far :+1:

1 Like

It seems to be working here now. A few things seem a little strange thoughā€¦

The device is called just ConBee everywhere. Not ConBee III. I donā€™t know if that matters, but I saw earlier in this thread that it was called ConBee III in someone elses Phoscon app.

SkƦrmbillede 2023-11-15 195409
SkƦrmbillede 2023-11-15 195819

Also in the node info in VNC my coordinator is still called ConBee II:

SkƦrmbillede 2023-11-15 195343

I donā€™t think the Udev rule worked. Maybe because ATTRS{product} is ā€œConBee IIIā€ in the rule but the device is called just ConBee everywhere in my setup?

The stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 might have done a difference. Not sure actually. Had to make some changes in my Docker Compose as well. Donā€™t know exactly what did the trick.

didnĀ“t work for me. Either the udev rule nor the direct command stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 help. I went back to the conbee II stick.
Restore also not works:

Setup:
Proxmox 8.0.4 with an Ubuntu 20.04.6 VM
deconz 2.24.1 beta (not nice that there is no stable release at the moment, which can be used with the conbee III stick ā†’ real beta tester at full price!!!)

Success in upgrading from Conbee II to Conbee III (Phoscon 2.24.2)

Backup within Phoscon, shutdown, changing the stick, power on, phoscon recognizes the stick as Conbee III correctly.

Loading the Backup, wait for 2 Minutes, and now I can control the devices.

official HomeBridge image (bullseye) from Github with all latest updates
HomeBridge 1.7.0
Node.js Version 20.9.0
Phoscon 2.24.2
deCONZ plugin 1.0.6
headless version

2 Likes

Just tried recreating my docker container with latest image.

In Phoscon it says 2.24.2 now but the container still says 2.24.1. Also it is shown as a ConBee 1 in Phoscon but in VNC node info it still shows my ConBee 2.

SkƦrmbillede 2023-11-18 095859
SkƦrmbillede 2023-11-18 095358
SkƦrmbillede 2023-11-15 195343

It works though. But something is clearly not right yetā€¦

Docker on Ubuntu 22.04.3

Upgrade is also not possible for me. It still says failed to reconnect to network. Iā€™m running version 2.24.2 in a container on Ubuntu 22.04. LTS.

Hello,

Warning: It is strongly advised to use a native installation of one of the update methods. Virtual Machines may work but are not supported, using a VM while trying to update firmware is on your own risk.

I didnā€™t want to upgrade the firmware of the Conbee. I rather meant that the upgrade from Conbee 1 to Conbee 3 does not work for me.

There is a new firmeware available for the Conbee III.
Flahed thecstick last Friday.
The previous firmeware gave some issues.
This week I will try the new firmeware, see if this solves the issues.

I have installed the new firmware on the Conbee III.
Restarted the system and loaded he backup.
Until now, No issues.