It is of course an issue of phoscon. The Raspbee II gpio board is very close to the WiFi antenna of the Paspberry Pi, that advise on possible interference would be helpful to the users. The problem may not occur with a ConBee II using an extension cable.
After turning of WiFi and BT I’ve currenty no more errors in the debug log.
NO. There isn’t an overlap of my WiFi- and Zigbee-Channels.
The quoted “documentation” only apply on the ConBee II. I won’t find any word about the problem with the RaspBee II. The only reasonable explanation for the problem I observed is the close distance of the antenna of the RaspBee II and the onboard WiFi of the Raspberry III.
I am very disapointed, that there is no propper documentation on the known problems with the RaspBee II is available. I have 3 RaspBee II in 3 different locations and all 3 suffer from the same problem with the “unhandled APS-DATA.confirm id”.
Now, after more then 2 years the problem seems to be solved by simply turning of WiFi and BT. My conclusion is, that no RaspBee II works propper with WiFi and BT enabled on a Raspberry Pi.
I actually did a search on the same error yesterday after I started noticing them in the logs every now and then (Conbee II in Docker on Syno NAS, with a usb extension cord).
The solution in my case was to move my new TP-Link Deco X50 Wifi Access point away from the closet the NAS is in. I like them, but unfortunately TP-Link automatically decides which channel it uses, and on top of that always uses a wide 40MHz channel for the 2.4GHz band (nothing configurable).
I always thought that interference would not be such a big deal, but turns out it is.
[Update] I’m still having issues with 0xE1 errors over the last few days. Tried using different extension USB cables & positions away from my NAS (0.5m and 1m), moved the nearby wifi AP to another room but so far it seems to be worse than before. Not sure what has changed. I may try changing the zigbee channel from 25, not sure yet.
[Update 2] Suspecting that interference is really an issue I decided to changed the zigbee channel from 25 to 11, and after triggering all Aqara sensors (force a report by pushing the button) the network has become much more responsive, and no more errors!
I did have some weird issues like delays and missed motion activation, and sometimes I got multiple 0xE1 errors around the same time (already using a USB extension cable). I also noticed that this was less of an issue in the early morning, which would make sense because wifi is not as heavily used as during the day and evening.I also checked using a wifi analyser app, and that confirmed that my wifi APs channel overlapped with zigbee channel 25. And like I said unfortunately the TP-Link Deco series does not allow manual selection of the wifi channel.
In my case there was no overlap of wifi and zigbee. The reason was simply the close distance between tbe RaspBee II and the onboard wifi (and bt) antenna of the Raspberry Pi. Switching off wifi an bt solved the issue.