Unable to add new Ikea Fyrtur Blind to deCONZ/Phoscon

I’ve had 8 of those blinds connected to a Pi RaspBee II hat for about 1 and a half year now.

One of them failed. Motor no longer operates with onboard control switches. Bought a new one and It won’t pair.

The procedure used for the older blinds does not work. Normally, you would start the ‘add new light’ process in Phoscon app and then press the 2 controls on the blind simultaneously until the onboard LED activate to initiate the pairing. Phoscon would then add the device which would become visible in deCONZ device map.

The original devices were bought in May 2021. The new one was bought today, Dec. 29 2022. So about 19 months difference. I suspect the new one might have a more recent firmware than the old ones. However, I’m not able to confirm this as I’m using only the RaspBee, no other Ikea hub or app at all. Could a new firmware cause the non pairing of the new blind?

For the record, all 7 older blinds work fine. I’m using Homeseer 4 with a plugin named JowieHue to connect to the REST-API of the deCONZ.

deCONZ is at version 2.18.2.

I thought replacing a failed device with a new one would be straightforward. But apparently, it’s not.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi,

take a look at Ikea Fyrtur Blinds - #32 by Smanar
There are many people that have the same problem.

Thanks @Siggi. I had seen that post but didn’t think it was relevant.

I recuperated the fyrtur DDF. Before activating it, I wanted to compare it to the original one. It turns out there is no original DDF related to the fyrtur blinds in deCONZ Ikea devices folder. The only one related to blinds is for the kadrilj.

So that brings the question which DDF deCONZ is using for my old fyrtur blinds? Is it the kadrilj one? The kadrilj has bronze status, so probably not. If not, which one?

Also, I saw you mentioned you had to re-add the device, It isn’t clear to me which of the fyrtur or the kadrilj it was.

That’s a serious concern to me. That I know of, there is no way to do a backup of the deCONZ devices configuration. If I enable that new DDF and then loose the 7 older blinds I’ll loose a lot with no way to go back to where I was. This will break dozens of events in my Homeseer system. Re-adding all the blinds and rebuilding all the events is going to be a major job, 2, may be 3 days worth of work.

Which of the blind model did you have issues with?

The old version was managed by the legacy code.
Little to little the legacy code will be removed to be replaced by the DDF code.

New device can’t be added using the legacy code, so need to use the DDF code.

If I enable that new DDF and then loose the 7 older blinds I’ll loose a lot with no way to go back to where I was

If the DDF work, you will loose nothing. If I m right you can too enable the DDF core just for inclusion, then disable it after.
But the Legacy code replacement by the DDF code need to be invisible.

You can enable and disable the DDF core in the tab “control”

If you re include a device without deleting it, it will keep the device id, so will be invisible for third app.

@Smanar, thanks for the feedback.

I stopped deCONZ and added the fyrtur blind DDF in the pi user folder.

When I restarted deCONZ, I didn’t have to do anything, the new blind just appeared. I guess it paired at some point before I put the DDF in but didn’t show up in the device map for some reason.

All the old blinds still work, than God. The new one works fine as well to lift up/down. But the battery level device is not showing up. All old blinds battery are still showing. I will be monitoring if they update. So there seems to be an issue with the DDF.

Speaking of updates, how will I know when the core code will be removed and the DDF included with standard release so I know when to remove the current DDF? I don’t want to put it in default device folder in case an update comes up and it’s not yet included in core.

Yes, can take time to have first report. The DDF seem good, will see with time.

how will I know when the core code will be removed and the DDF included with standard release so I know when to remove the current DDF? I don’t want to put it in default device folder in case an update comes up and it’s not yet included in core

Good question, when it will be valided, the PR will be closed, else can use the “user devices folder” this one is not updated when you update deconz, but right you can forget you have a not official DDF inside.

Hi @Smanar

I can confirm now that the batteries level of the old blinds update properly, I received an alert for one of them being low, recharged it and it reflects the charge. Other also go down slowly to a normal rate.

However, the battery device of the new blind does not show after about 3 weeks now. So I have no idea of the current battery charge.

What do you suggest to get the battery device showing up for this new blind?

The PR with the DDF was merged recently.
Wich one deconz version are you suing ? with a personnal DDF or the native one ?

As this device use an external sensor for battey, you have check direclty in the API ? With phoscon/help/API Information/sensor looking for the ZHABattery ?

If you read the battery level on deconz, it will update the value in the API ? (I don’t remember if you have acces to the GUI ?)