Tuya Single Color LED Strip Controller - Home Assistant Intergration

I’m posting this here as I wonder if it is a question for @Robban

I added a Tuya single color LED Controller and it works perfectly in Phoscon: on/off/dim

It appears in Home Assistant just fine, but when I turn it on the LEDs go on as expected, but then the device goes unavailable immediately. The LEDs remain on.

If I use Phoscon to then turn it off, it re-appears as available in Home Assistant again.

EDIT: something else interesting. If I don’t toggle it “on” while it is available, I can use the slider in HA to adjust the brightness! It just seems it is confused about the on-off state. Adjusting the brightness never toggles it “on”, but the brightness change is also reflected in Phoscon.

EDIT2: it is completely controllable in HA with automations - which is all I want to use it for anyway. It just seems to have a problem with the state.

Hello, by curisoity can you find the device json when you have this situation ? (The device on but marked as unavailable) ? Can use http://phoscon.de/pwabeta in help/ api information.

Hope this is enough, I only chose that specific device and triggered the on toggle in Home Assistant. Thanks!

(EDITED, might have had too many events in there)

EVENTS:

{
“12:29:23:388”: {
“e”: “changed”,
“id”: “29”,
“r”: “lights”,
“state”: {
“alert”: null,
“bri”: 252,
“colormode”: “hs”,
“on”: true,
“reachable”: true
},
“t”: “event”,
“uniqueid”: “a4:c1:38:91:72:50:12:4f-01”
},
“12:29:43:594”: {
“attr”: {
“lastannounced”: null,
“lastseen”: “2021-11-24T17:29Z”,
“manufacturername”: “_TZ3210_9q49basr”,
“modelid”: “TS0501B”,
“name”: “Laundry Room Accent”,
“swversion”: null,
“type”: “Dimmable light”,
},
“e”: “changed”,
“r”: “lights”,
“t”: “event”,
}
}

REST API:

{
“etag”: “ec9bac2a7d3a91bb6ae952d123c47ef4”,
“hascolor”: true,
“lastannounced”: null,
“lastseen”: “2021-11-24T17:24Z”,
“manufacturername”: “_TZ3210_9q49basr”,
“modelid”: “TS0501B”,
“name”: “Laundry Room Accent”,
“state”: {
“alert”: “none”,
“bri”: 252,
“colormode”: “hs”,
“on”: false,
“reachable”: true
},
“swversion”: null,
“type”: “Dimmable light”,
}

So I can be wrong, but I don’t see reason for HA display it as unavailable .

It is strange. Right after, I added 3 RGBWW bulbs with no issues. Just this one device is unique.

This is one of those devices that reports colormode “hs” but only reports brightness. It’s a device support issue in deCONZ.

Thanks. Is it even worth doing a device request/issue for it, or is this one of the Tuya devices that needs more work and should probably wait for DDFs?

I’ll leave that to @Smanar or @manup to answer

I m sorry, you are realy unlucky with your devices choose.

But yes, I have see with Robban, it can be the issue.
And I can’t be sure, I m discovering DDF too, but as we can select the param to enable or not, I think yes it s possible with DDF. Perhaps someone can confirm ?

BTW wich one deconz version are using ? the one used by HA ?

I’m using the latest stable deconz docker container on a different system than HA. I prefer to do it this way for a few reasons that work for me and my setup.

Maybe not bad luck so much as bad odds. When you look at the number of devices that show compatibility on a site like: https://zigbee.blakadder.com/ your odds of getting one that doesn’t work is very high if someone hasn’t tested it yet. Even when it is listed as compatible, like this device, it can often be not true.

I’m hoping that DDF helps get devices added more quickly than what is happening now. zigbee2mqtt seems to be very fast at taking on new devices which is probably why so many are supported now. But, I like that deconz is very stable for me and I never have device drops, so I’m staying with it. Plus, I’m very appreciative of the help that folks like you, @Mimiix , @Robban and others give all of us.

My other problem is that I’m in the US and many of the supported deconz devices are for EU only which makes sense given the company location. When they are available here, they can sometimes be 3 or 4 times more expensive than alternatives which is why I take a chance and get one, even if it means a device request - I’ll be the first if it expands the library and helps others. I’ve also added a few devices to the wiki that were previously unknown to work but did out of the box.

Thanks again!

1 Like

So you can test DDF file on your deconz version ? or using only stable is a choice ?

Yes, once DDF is closer to production and working well in a beta, I’d be willing to test them with devices I have. I’d just run the beta in a separate docker with a clone of my config. Just shut “stable” down and enable “beta.” I’d rather do this when I have time off on a weekend or holiday because I do have to keep the family happy with the automations. :grin:

Something you can try at this moment with the ddf editor.

• If the device don’t use color, remove the attribute state/colormode.
  • if the device use color, add the missing color parameter, but IDK wich one this device support, perhaps looking the cluster list, and the attrubte list on the color cluster if this one exist.