[SOLVED] Not able to assign button to scene

@de_employees: could you please have alook into? This is not solved yet as other vendor’s switches seem to have the same issue as well.

Has there been any progress here? Same issue with Ecodim ED-10015 8 button. Scenes cannot be added and result in an infinite loop

Hi guys,

any feedback here? Is this the right forum to post this?

Tom

It is.

Hi guys, any feedback…?

Cheers,
Tom

@de_employees your corner :wink:

I have just tested with deCONZ / Phoscon version 2.14.00 / 18.12.2021
I can assign a scene to a button of STYRBAR switch without problems.

Some thoughts: perhaps it is an browser cache problem. Try to reload and clear cache at the switch editor page (Shift + F5 in chrome)

Or perhaps its a problem with that scene? Try another scene.

Hi @ChrisHae , that didnt work. I created the most basic of scenes, with 1 light. With my standard 2 button switches, i can assign without any issue. With the ecodim 8 button switch it gets into the loop (i have several, same issue with each). I’m on a more recent version: 2.17.01

So the error only applies to to the ecodim switch?
We will test it with that switch if we find one.

Does it occur on every switch button? Perhaps it has buttons that are only for on/off and does not support reconfiguration. But perhaps it is just a bug in the app.

@ChrisHae tried with all 8 buttons. Keeps getting into a loop.

Let me know if i can provide log data.

It may well be the app. When not using scenes, but just eg change brightness on the lamps associated to a group, I can use all 8 of the buttons, but once a mapping has been done, in the switch editor it just shows a white square, meaning its not possible to see what key was assigned. See screenshot. Let me know if I should log this bug under another topic

If this is needed, i’m happy to move your posts associated with it :slight_smile:

The white squares are just generic icons for switches that does not have their own pictures in the app. More accurate pictues and icons will come step by step.

hi @ChrisHae , more than happy to create the icons if you tell me the specs you require.

Also, let me know if you need any log data for the problem adding scene.

Cheers

Could not find a Ecodim switch yet, so tested a Bush-Jaeger 8 button switch. And there was no problem with deconz version 2.17.1. Could you please provide the information from the Phosocn App → Menu → Help → API information page selecting the ecodim switch.

And a screenshot from the switch editor and the browser debug console would be nice like the one below:

Just found the ecodim switch. And I was not trapped in a loop in the switch editor when chosing a scene.
I’m eager to the the screenshot though.

Hi Chris,

apologies I was away and didnt see this update.

Will check tonight and revert back

@ChrisHae please find hereby the requested data. cheers

API info

Screenshot with developer tools visible

This is what I get after pressing apply

I see. It seems there is a Phoscon App bug in the beta app online version.

phoscon.de/ …pwabeta

I didn’t see that because I did not use the beta.

I will have a look at it. In the meantime you can use the stable release (phoscon.de/ …pwa) or use the Phoscon App version that runs localy on your machine. You can access it by entering the ip address of your gateway in your browser. (Online and local version of the Phoscon app can also slightly differ).

@ChrisHae Great ! confirming this is the case: /pwa works. Thank you for looking into this

I’ll log a separate request to get the images updated for assigned buttons - with an 8 button switch, not knowing what button is assigned is confusing (see below)