Raspbee II not working correcly when update from RPi3+ to RPi4

Hello community,

I have problems after updating from the RPi3b+ to the RPi4. I am using the “Official” Phoscon Image with stable deCONZ version and desktop based on Raspberry Pi OS - Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye).
RaspBee II - Firmware 26780700, Gateway 2.28.1.
Pi OS is running from an SSD connected through USB. When I switch the RaspBee II and SSD from the RPi3b+ to the RPi4, Pi OS boots normally. I can log in to Phoscon or through VNC to the desktop and check the deCONZ app. The issue is that on the RPi4, most of the nodes are not connected. I can see only 4 or 5 links instead of the 50+ I had on the RPi3b+.

Any idea where the problem could be or what to check? Any advice is much appreciated.

Screen from RPi3 where nodes are normaly connected and working

Thanks,
Martin

Hello, you have “migrated” the database too ? Using the backup/restore feature in Phoscon ?

Hello, the migration to Rpi4 involved reconnecting the SSD, which means the entire Pi OS and its settings were not changed. I can see all nodes, but only a few of them are linked/working. Should I try the backup/restore in Phoscon?

I have tried the backup/restore in Phoscon, unfortunately no change…
This is the state on RPi4

No, you are right, not realy usefull in this situation.

And few thing to do with a Raspbee …
You have tried to use different USB port ? There is usb 3.0 and 2.0 on the pi 4.

And deconz (and the OS) setting are same for me as you are using the same SSD.

Perhaps some hardware setting ? Have you check bluetooth and wifi ?

Yes, BT and WiFi disabled on both RPis, different USBs also tried, no change…

And it’s working ?
Because there is a setting to show or not “link” according to level, perhpas it’s just a “lower connection” issue (as device name are not yet grayed, so not yet off line)?

Unfortunately no, it is not working, even the nodes with active links are not working

Fixed with this config.txt from @manup and also the SSD connected in different USB (not the 3.0) Thank you @Smanar for suggestions :+1:

Nice ^^, but it would have been useful to see what is the problem with your config.txt, as it work fine on pi3 and not pi4.

I can see removal of dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt-overlay and addition of arm_64bit=1, otg_mode=1 and arm_boost=1

Ths a lot :).
I don’t think it’s from arm_64bit or arm_boost but for otg_mode

otg_mode (Raspberry Pi 4 only)

USB On-The-Go (often abbreviated to OTG) is a feature that allows supporting USB devices with an appropriate OTG cable to configure themselves as USB hosts. On older Raspberry Pis, a single USB 2 controller was used in both USB host and device mode.

Raspberry Pi 4B and Raspberry Pi 400 (not CM4 or CM4IO) add a high performance USB 3 controller, attached via PCIe, to drive the main USB ports. The legacy USB 2 controller is still available on the USB-C power connector for use as a device (otg_mode=0, the default).

otg_mode=1 requests that a more capable XHCI USB 2 controller is used as another host controller on that USB-C connector.

Note Because CM4 and CM4IO don’t include the external USB 3 controller, Raspberry Pi OS images set otg_mode=1 on CM4 for better performance.