Properties of Aqara devices

Hi all,

until recently I used the deCONZ in version 2.13.01. I have integrated the environment in Openhab and control my devices that way. There is also an Aqara motion detector RTCGQ11LM, which gave me in the version daylight, temperature and the like, but no presence information, but that should be the main use for the device. After updating the environment to version 2.15.03, I removed the motion detector and added new. In Openhab it now also has a channel “presence” and “temperature”, but no daylight anymore.

So I would be interested to know where and how the channels are set? In the deCONZ app I see all the properties I’m interested in, but in Openhab are sometimes those and sometimes others (depending on the version). How does this happen? How do I get all the properties? Can anyone help me with this?

Best regards,
Jörg

deCONZ:

Openhab:
BWN openhab

Ok, so first the different resultat can come from a deconz issue (it move a lot ATM with DDF deployment)
One time the device is correclty included (sometime, you can miss some information during the inclusion), deconz create 1 or more entries in the API (for exemple this sensor create a ZHAPresence and a ZHAlightlevel)
You can check all of them direclty in the API using phsocon / help / API information / sensors or just with a REST client Getting Started - deCONZ REST-API

Third application, like Phoscon or OpenHab use this API, but like they want, so they can decide to display a sensor or not (for exemple domoticz never display temperature for other sensor than the temperature one)
If you see the sensor in the API but not in the app, can be just a synchronisation issue (but the procedure depend of third app)

When you have this kind of problem, take a look in the API, if you see the entry > Openhab issue, else it’s deconz Issue.

@Smanar: Thanks for your quick answer.
I looked at the API’s JSON in the help and I’m a little confused. I have the impression that the sensor is listed 2 times there. Once as “Bewegungsmelder” and once as “Presence 9”:
ListSensors
As you can see, Bewegungsmelder has the light information, but no presence:

{
    "config": {
        "battery": 100,
        "on": true,
        "reachable": true,
        "temperature": 2100,
        "tholddark": 12000,
        "tholdoffset": 7000
    },
    "ep": 1,
    "etag": "1198c928c7570736977dccbc495bbbce",
    "lastannounced": null,
    "lastseen": "2022-05-09T05:48Z",
    "manufacturername": "LUMI",
    "modelid": "lumi.sensor_motion.aq2",
    "name": "Bewegungsmelder",
    "state": {
        "dark": true,
        "daylight": false,
        "lastupdated": "2022-05-09T05:48:50.682",
        "lightlevel": 4772,
        "lux": 3
    },
    "swversion": "20170627",
    "type": "ZHALightLevel",
    "uniqueid": "00:15:8d:00:02:72:be:d0-01-0400"
}

But “Presence 9” has presence information, but no light information:

{
    "config": {
        "battery": 100,
        "duration": 90,
        "on": true,
        "reachable": true,
        "temperature": 2100
    },
    "ep": 1,
    "etag": "6852fca9b28662c8f94e12d5d6b717bf",
    "lastannounced": null,
    "lastseen": "2022-05-09T05:48Z",
    "manufacturername": "LUMI",
    "modelid": "lumi.sensor_motion.aq2",
    "name": "Presence 9",
    "state": {
        "lastupdated": "2022-05-09T05:48:50.683",
        "presence": false
    },
    "swversion": "20170627",
    "type": "ZHAPresence",
    "uniqueid": "00:15:8d:00:02:72:be:d0-01-0406"
}

Looking at the id in Openhab, currently the “Presence 9” sensor is available,

which has only the Presence information, but not the light information.

So what can I do, to have all information available in Openhab?

Best regards,
Jörg

Maybe I can give myself the answer. Exactly the two sensors from deCONZ also both appear in Openhab as a thing. So the one Aqara sensor shows up as a lightsensor thing and another as presencesensor thing. I don’t know if this is right and wanted, but this way I can get all the information I need.

Yep it depend of third app ^^

00:15:8d:00:02:72:be:d0-01-0406
00:15:8d:00:02:72:be:d0-01-0400

The last number 0406 is the zigbee cluster, the device use one for the presence, one for the light, so deconz create 2 sensors, so you have almost 2 same uniqueid with only the last number different.

Some third app mix all sensors to create only 1 entity, on my side I don’t think it’s a good idea, and I prefer the openHab approch, because sensors are realy differentiated in deconz core.

And if you have a plug, you will have 1 entry in “light” for the on/off and 1 or more in “sensors” for measurements.