Problem with Philips Hue switches no longer working

Hey there!

I have a somewhat strange problem. All of my Philips Hue dimmer switches (both RWL021 and RWL022) no longer work.

I’m running a Conbee II stick with Firmware Version 26720700, Gateway Version 2.28.1 on Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS. I have paired Deconz to Homebridge to control lights via Siri and set up my switches via the Hue Essentials app.

The only obvious thing I’ve changed is that I now added the deconz adapter in iobroker to use sensor data in iobroker. After that, my hue switches stopped working. They still showed up as connected in Phoscon and Deconz, but the app no longer registered button presses. I’ve removed and re-paired them since, setting them up again in Hue Essentials and they’ve worked for a while. But after some time, they simply stop working, without really dropping from the network. All other lights and sensors still work as if nothing happened, even the switches from Ikea still work without a problem.

Any idea what could be causing this and how I could fix it without having to start from scratch?

Thanks a lot!

Hi there,

right now, there’s a known bug in deconz requiring it to be restarted after a device has been paired. Presumably, this applies in your case, so a simple restart could already resolve the issue.