Pairing multiple bulbs in one shot in Phoscon

Hi!

Sometimes my bulbs are not responding anymore and I’m wondering if I could re-connect them all at once, as they have a separate circuit anyways.
My idea: I would switch them off-on-off-on… to bring them all into pairing mode at the same time.
Would that work? (Talking about 25 bulbs).
Thomas

Depend of the issue.

my bulbs are not responding anymore

Some devices just need a power ccycle, the network key is still memorised by the device.
But this issue is rare on bulb, not normal you have to make the pairing procedure more than 1 time.

And yes this is possible, set the gateway in permit join for 5 mn, and during 5 mn you can add as many device you want.

These specific bulbs can’t be reactivated by power cycle. I tried that over and over again. They are sometimes still reacting to group commands, but that’s it. After re-pairing they work as expected (for some days/weeks).
Might be that the memory chip has issues. I don’t know.
The only problem I see now is:
IF I would re-pair all 25 bulbs at once, all groupings will be gone, right?

IF I would re-pair all 25 bulbs at once, all groupings will be gone, right?

I think yes, the reset procedure erase the memory, so the group configuration too (it’s a setting on the bulb itself)

The group configuration is still memorised in the API but I don’t think deconz check it and reconfigure devices if there is problem