Outdoor Hue Motion sensors stopped sending motion events

Hello,

I think I also have this issue but with the indoor motion sensors. (SML003)
A few days ago it stopped detecting motion.
Only thing that I can think of that I did recently was hanging the ConbeeII on a usb extension cable.

I’ll try some stuff when I get home from work later today.

so it seems to be fixed for me, for now.
I removed the batteries last night and just let it sit there for a day.
Removed the sensor from phoscon, but the batteries back in.
Put the device back in to pairing/setup mode and added it again and now it seems to keep detecting movement again.

Hi! Thanks a lot for this suggestion, I finally got around to trying it and it worked! I had to re-pair each of the three sensors and then I had to restart Deconz for it to work (strange), but at last, they detect motion again. Still no clue why they only three out of four stopped detecting… That remains a mystery.

Thanks a lot for your help again!

1 Like

Just dropped in here since I face the same problem. All my Motion Sensors of type SML003 stopped reporting motion within the past weeks.
Strange thing! Software is 2.53.6. The SML001 are still fine =)

Well… I got it back working exactly the way you mentioned.

Hi, I’m having the same issue with an Outdoor Motion Sensor. Light and temperature are working ok, but it’s not detecting motion. I also noticed in the GUI that this sensor as the ID 0x0030 as 0 (and I can’t change it), while a working sensor as 2.
I tried to launch a pairing procedure in Phoscon app and then pressing the reset button on the sensor for 5 or 10 seconds, but the problem is still here. Can you point me to the exact procedure you used to fix it? Thanks!

same problem here. I fixed two SML003 (indoor version) and one SML004 (outdoor version) with this behaviour by teach them to the orginal Hue Bridge and again teach them to conbee 2, but the second SML004 just detects motion for one single time with Phoscon APP / Conbee II, after that, there is no detection happening. With the Hue Bridge, everthing works fine with this sensor.

gateway version: 2.26.3
firmware: 26780700

Any suggestions for fixing this?

cu
Matthias

the value 0x00 does not switch to 0x01 like all other sensors. Any idea what could be the reason?

I tried new deCONZ version v2.27.0 (beta). Now it is impossible to pair the Philips Hue Outdoor SML004, simply does not work. Never had those issues…

Pairing with original Hue bridge still possible, motion detection on hue Bridge works also very well.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

cu
matthias

Yes, for exemple Philips RWL021 does not work since update to v2.27.0 · Issue #7783 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub
To resume with version v2.27.0 some DDF are not used.

back to 2.26.3 paring is again possible. But motion detection still not working proper :frowning:

Setting the sensitvity to at least 2 (max is 4) the motion detection works fine, I am very confused why this is necessary with Conbee 2 and deConz, with the HUE bridge the sensitivity to 0 also enable motion. All other sensor also set to 0 and they are working well.

cu
matthias