New Tuya Smart Plug: NAS-WR01B or _TZ3000_w0qqde0g

Perhaps there is a magic request on cluster 0xE001 or 0xE000 but z2m call this device “description: 'Smart plug (with power monitoring by polling)”. So I think they are doing polling too.

For the pooling I realy don’t know how it work.
Perhaps if you disable the reporting using value like 65 535 (0xffff) in max/min/interval, but deconz will update them too.

Yes, it looks like it only supports polling. :frowning:

It is confusing that in the Reporting section, “Write Config” never fails any more in 2.13.x as it did on 2.12.x, even when the device does not support reporting. I tested this with BW-SHP13: no eror writing reporting config, even though it does not support reporting. That’s why I initially thought these new orange plugs als supported reporting.

The device polling is done actively by deConz, right? If so: who might know how that works, and how to configure the polling frequency in DeConz? Right now it only seems to update every 60s or so and I would like to change it to 15s or less.

BTW: It looks like Homey zigbee does recognize/read the reporting config for measurement after I removed it from deconz and joined it to Homey as generic zigbee device (see device interview below)? Does that mean anything?

"electricalMeasurement": {
        "attributes": [
          {
            "acl": [
              "readable",
              "reportable"
            ],
            "id": 1285,
            "name": "rmsVoltage",
            "value": 234,
            "reportingConfiguration": {
              "direction": "reported",
              "attributeDataType": 33,
              "minInterval": 3,
              "maxInterval": 15,
              "minChange": 1,
              "status": "SUCCESS"
            }

Yep, but idk how to set it. when it was enabled on my side, was spamming.

Do you also have one of those new compact orange Tuya plugs (_TZ3000_w0qqde0g)? Or are you talking about older types? I know the BW-SHP15 (_TZ3000_mraovvmm) supports reporting and updates just fine every few seconds. The older BW-SHP13 (_TZ3000_g5xawfcq) is also a polling only device and updates only every minute or so.

I am just curious to know:

1. If _TZ3000_w0qqde0g only supports polling?
  2. If so: if polling intervals can be configured for each device type in deconz?

One more thing I noticed: the plug does not save its On/Off state in case of a power failure, it always turns OFF when power is restored. But this also does not seem to work when connected to the Tuya Hub and App either so it might need a Tuya FW update.

It also supports a “Child Lock” feature, disabling the physical on/off button on the plug itself (press 4x to unlock). Is that available in deconz as well?

Nope, and haven’t see it yet, it s possible to enable it using zigbee request (using the application for) ?exemple

I’m still struggling with DDF tests (ts011f.json) in an attempt to get polling frequency to <60s (for example 15s). Once I save a DDF file, it somehow always adds the phantom “Power” entry in ZHAConsumption for my plugs, causing Homey to display no further updates:

The Power should only be used from ZHAPower:

Before I tested with DDF, this ZHAConsumption cluster always looked fine without “Power”.
Problem it not only affects newly added test plug, but also existing ones, even when I set DDF control to disabled afterwards + deconz restart (which should disable DDF from what I understood?):

I think this “Power” attribute should maybe not be in the DDF (in Basic Metering - Cluster 0701? I can’t seem to be able to delete it completely though… :frowning:

How can I get rid of “Power” in ZHAConsumption in the DDF?
And should setting a custom polling interval for DDF devices already work?

Your DDF is under the status “draft” so it will be not used.

If you don’t want the state/power for the ZHAConsumption, you can remove it from the left panel. just select it and press the “delete” key.

which should disable DDF from what I understood?

Yes, it s a temporary security to don’t broke install on other users.

It was in Draft because I tried to disable it after I was having these issues in “Bronze” mode. What is the path of the built-in DDF? Can that file be modified to remove “Power” reporting from ZHAConsumption?

A small FAQ on how to use DDF step-by-step might help a lot and maybe save a lot of support questions and guessing from the community! :slight_smile:

Once you figured it out, perhaps you can do so on the wiki?

Lol, yes, so much thing to do, and it’s still beta, new features are coming, and deconz is always late for all documentation.
Like have said Mimixx, you can edit this link without access https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/wiki/DDF-cheat-sheet

What is the path of the built-in DDF? Can that file be modified to remove “Power” reporting from ZHAConsumption?

Build-in one are in /home/deconzuser/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ/devices on raspian, but you can save yours where you want.
And you can use the editor to remove the state/power, just select it in the left panel and press delete.

To be honest I have no clue what I am doing, it’s just trial & (mainly) error. So a wiki would probably not be a good idea at this point. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Does anyone know if this Bindings config looks OK/complete for a power plug? I think I noticed more bindings before, but when I add them (not very intuitive with the drag & drop between different windows though) they also went missing again? Current status:

And I am still not sure if this DDF should work for polling plugs either (this is the polling _TZ3000_w0qqde0g and not the reporting _TZ3000_mraovvmm for which the DDF is configured)? I never managed to get them to be updated <60s so far in all experiments. Also experienced quite some deconz slowness & crashes during ddf testing.

[Update] Whatever I tried, so far I can’t get any polling <60s with a DDF so i think it’s just not implemented (yet)?

To be honest I have no clue what I am doing, it’s just trial & (mainly) error

Like me and lot of user ^^

For me it s fine, those 2 attributes are good but you need too the cluster 0x0b04 no (and some attributes inside)?

Do you have this new orange plug (_TZ3000_w0qqde0g) as well, and if so: does it support more frequent polling (for example updates every 15s)? The BW-SHP15’s work fine, they update overy few seconds when configured.

Any updates on this?
I have some of these devices as well and willing to test possible solutions if needed.

It looks like when adding new devices with the latest beta 2.13.3 (deconz-community docker), the _TZ3000_w0qqde0g plugs only appear as Light in the api (On/Off), no sensors are present any more. This still worked on 2.13.2. :frowning:

I can see the clusters in deconz/vnc just fine, but all sensors are just missing from the api. Previously paired plugs are still OK.

same issue here - already paired plugs work but new doesn’t

even existing ones doesn’t show any power related things in the api:

“state”: {
“alert”: “none”,
“on”: true,
“reachable”: true
},

Only with “TS011F” model Id ?
And if you use a DDF file ?

Also wondering: does the manufacturer name matter in the ddf file? Ho wcan we check if/what ddf file is used for a device?

If the built-in ddf file did not change from 2.1.13.2 then I guess it’s api related?

Also wondering: does the manufacturer name matter in the ddf file?

Yes, it s realy important, you can use drag and drop to complete it https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/wiki/DDF-cheat-sheet

Ho wcan we check if/what ddf file is used for a device?

It s on the title of the editor

Can you try at least to make test with the 3 modes ? “Basic” “hybrid” and the other (even without DDF file, just to make a try)

But there is a DDF already done for plug somewhere but I don’t find it again, just need to edit the manufacture name.

If the built-in ddf file did not change from 2.1.13.2 then I guess it’s api related?

Yep but in the future, will use DDF so can start with them.