My zigbee network does not connect after successfull update - conbee III

Hi,

like i said, my network does not link up. if i upload a very old backup the network will link up.

Picture of the network:

How can i repair this without reconnecting all the lights?

Thanks
Einhard

Hello, node are grayed ?
Can you take a look onlog in deconz/help/debug view with flags “info” + “info_l2” + “error” + “error_l2” ?

Thank you for the fast reaction.

This is the debug screen with the flags mentioned.

Please also add aps and aps l2

Hi,

there it is.

Nothing more on first logs ? It’s the starting phase ? thoses one have stopped after a while (the shedule logs) ?
On the second one 0xA7 No_ACK Zigbee Error Codes in the Log · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki · GitHub

But you haven’t changed something ? Switch USB port, forget the USB extension, …
Config setting issue will be visible on first logs, you haven’t error but can compare with this one Network lost and configuration restore does not help · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki · GitHub

if i upload a very old backup the network will link up

So the gateway is working with old backup ?
Can try Network lost issues · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki · GitHub it will restore the network setting, but don’t impact the device database.

Else more hacky, open backups (it’s just compressed archive) and play with the 2 files inside. 1 is the network config and the second one is the device database.

Hello again,

I haven’t changed anything except for the firmware update of the conbee III.

But that Network lost issues (i.e. you) saved my life because it worked and my wife is back home right now.

Thank you!