Loss of signal?

Sorry, i mean a scene ofcourse!! :stuck_out_tongue:

So you can “group” your devices to use EXACTLY the same request for more than 3/4 devices ?

Interesting subject. I will follow this with interest. Not to hi-jack this topic but I am having similar issues operating my ZigBee roller shutters. They too are not always reacting to commands from Domoticz although the shutters are activated around 5 seconds apart.

Pardon, what do you mean exactly?
omg… I see… There is a “group” and a “scene”, so far i’m using a group to turn on or off devices.
now i see i didnt make any scene at all as i can’t make any scene!
this is because i’m using a phone and tablet and getting an screen errors on this devices! how stupid…
That’s the reason i couldnt set a scene because it need an laptop or bigger screen to set it up, but my laptop is in our office far away from where i need the scenes! haha…
how is it possible to make any scene on phone and/or tablet then?
i did a try with desktop mode in chrome, but that also didnt work.
not handy at all :frowning:
i guess most people wants to use their mobile phone to make a scene, since this is the easiest way that is IN the place where you NEED the scene without the use of a laptop?!
now i remember again, that was the main reason why i’m using the scenes from inside domoticz itself, i just couldnt create a scene in the browser on a mobile phone.

Nope scene is another thing.
I m speaking about group Phoscon App to use the zigbee group feature.
If you put 20 device in a group, you can send only 1 request for the 20 devices.

But for that you need the 20 devices need the same command, you can’t set a different color for each.

@Sjonnie it s battery Shutter ? You have the same error message in logs ? how many shutters ?

Hi Smanar,

No specific errors in Domoticz log:

2021-12-06 02:22:32.444 Error: YouLess hardware (17) thread seems to have ended unexpectedly
2021-12-06 22:10:04.145 Error: ConBee2: (ConBee2) Device not ready : 2
2021-12-07 04:43:06.218 Error: EventSystem: Warning!, lua script /home/pi/domoticz/dzVents/runtime/dzVents.lua has been running for more than 10 seconds
2021-12-07 22:10:04.108 Error: ConBee2: (ConBee2) Device not ready : 2
2021-12-08 22:10:04.174 Error: ConBee2: (ConBee2) Device not ready : 2
2021-12-09 22:10:04.109 Error: ConBee2: (ConBee2) Device not ready : 2
2021-12-10 22:10:04.138 Error: ConBee2: (ConBee2) Device not ready : 2
2021-12-11 22:10:04.150 Error: ConBee2: (ConBee2) Device not ready : 2

The devices are 230V devices of the type TS130F (Vendor: _TZ3000_vd43bbfq). I have ten of these in use. Two or three of them are always working. The other ones intermittently fail :expressionless:

Note: the Error: Conbee2: (Conbee2) Device not ready:2 is probably caused by starting a back-up to external SSD on my Pi at that time.

This error happen when the device ID 2 (ID from domoticz) is not yet in the domoticz database.
It s possible it's a new device added recently, and domoticz need to add it, according the timestamp (22:10:04.XXX), you had all errors in same time, but no more 1s after (time for domoticz to add them) ?

>I have ten of these in use. Two or three of them are always working. The other ones intermittently fail

There is less issues on wired one, and from that I m seing they are using the covering cluster.
You are sending 10 requests every time ?
That 's not the firsts ones to receive the request that work every time ? Or it’s totaly random ?
You have take a look on the mesh, to see if there is not a similar thing on the working one (the same routeur, or only direct connexion) ?
But if you send the request a second time, they can work without problem ?

The device with Domoticz ID 2 is a group which controls a subset of the roller shutter switches:

They have been added ages ago and I have not made any changes to the group. So I am a bit confused about the error.

No, I am sending requests to subsets of the devices. I have three subsets. The first is triggered 5 minutes after sundown. The second set is triggered 10 minutes after sundown. The third subset is triggered somewhere in between. Each subset takes about 30 seconds to complete. The devices refuse to react at random. There is no logic to be found in which device is not reacting.
I am not sure what you mean with looking at the mesh. What should I be looking for?
If I send the command to an individual device that has not responded to the group commands shortly after it refused, it does not react. If I wait a few minutes and activate it from Domoticz, it works most of the time (but not always). I sometimes have to go to deCONZ on my RPi and press the exec button in the Down/Close section of the Windows covering section:

(I believe I have just hi-jacked @BarryT 's subject :frowning: - sorry!)

They have been added ages ago and I have not made any changes to the group. So I am a bit confused about the error.

So yes, if it’s an old bug, not normal, can happen on launch, if you use the group in domoticz before the plugin was running, else I don’t think it s normal …

The devices refuse to react at random. There is no logic to be found in which device is not reacting.

If it s random, not usefull to search for an indication on the mesh …

This can be usefull, try to check deconz log with “info” “info_l2” “error” and “error_l2” when making this request.

But your method is good, making a group with some device, and send the request to the group, and I don’t think you can do better, because if you send the request individually, the device don’t work.
For me it s more a problem with the device, but it s strange it work all the time using dieclty the GUI …

If you look at the cluster list for yours devices (the second circle) You have the window covering cluster, but not the on/off or the tuya one ?

Thank you for your perseverance :slight_smile:

The error doesn’t bother me as such. And if it has no relation to the problem with the roller shutter devices then we best leave it at that. Errors occur somtimes :wink:

I will test this the coming weekend. A NooB question though: Where do I find the deCONZ log? I see Debug View in the menu. Should I activate the options in the Debug View Dialog to generate a log or is there a log stored somewhere on my Pi?

Correct! I do not have the On/Off cluster or the Tuya cluster. I am not sure if that is significant though.

It’s not normal for me, for information

• It happen when you make a command with domoticz (can be a script or a scene)
  • It s the domoticz unit n°2
  • If deconz have full started, it have filled a temporary database, so not normal the device can be not present in it.

Where do I find the deCONZ log? I see Debug View in the menu. Should I activate the options in the Debug View Dialog to generate a log or is there a log stored somewhere on my Pi?

No, it’s “easy” with the GUI (depend of devices you have, can be realy talkative), it’s in Debug view, can enable “info” “info_l2” “error” "error_l2’ and if you can “APS”, and can just make a copy/paste of doubtful lines.
I think we will see APS error. But when you make individual request, it s for me, exactly the same one than when you use the deconz GUI, I don’t see reason for one work better than the other.

Correct! I do not have the On/Off cluster or the Tuya cluster. I am not sure if that is significant though.

Yep, some device can use both cluster, or worse the tuya one, your device is more standard than other, it s realy a pity if you have issue on 10 of them.

@Sjonnie I have bad news for you https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/3939#issuecomment-993841779

1 Like

Hi @Smanar ,

Thanks for investigating and asking around. I guess I’ll have to learn to live with it or replace the devices with something that is better supported by deCONZ or adheres to the ZigBee standard better than the devices I now have.

If you have suggestions for such (better) devices I am all ears :wink:

Lol me too, I have just buy one 10 days ago, still in test.

Wana buy a Legrand one, but 75 Euros, and I have found this one a 20 euros. But it s tuya, you can have random stuff, I cross my fingers to don’t have issues.

Let me know what you’re experiences are with the device. Might be a better device than I have :wink:

I think?
How to setup scenes on phone?
I do not have an laptop in the rooms that i need the scenes, and to take the laptop with me is not my question atm :wink:
Is there another way of doing this?
When doing a scene to ON in domoticz, exactly the same lamps does have problems.
The rest works good and going to the color / dim value i did set in the scene in Domoticz…

Not scenes, groups Phoscon App

It don’t work using a phone ? Try to use “desktop view” to have the same display than on a real PC

But groups can be used only if you have a group a device that need EXACTLY the same request.
Else no other solution than using a script to delay requests.

I did try to use that desktop mode on an samsung s21, but unf this didnt work also.
It keeps saying about the screen resolution.
What is the best way to make a “one” button switch to turn on the lights and/or do dim and/or change the color for all devices at once?
i do not want to script this in any way since the colors for some lights are changing several a month :wink:
or, if any script is available could you send me a lua based example script to do this directly IN domoticz?
thanks!

i buyed an 10 inch tablet and now i can make scenes, so… I have set all scenes IN deconz…
so far so good, and i can control them in domoticz.
But… why does a group on/off fade dim to the value, and does the scene not?
i have setup in all scenes that i want to fade in all lamps in that scene for 10 seconds, but the fading is not working?
when turning on or off a group the fade is working great, why is this?
thanks

For the fade issue, I will answer here, as you have the same question This application is temporarily over its serving quota. Please try again tomorrow