Lidl Smart Button

This might also help. Debugging 101 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki · GitHub

Yes, that’s the model which I have. It was no Problem to find it as a switch. Then I added it to a group, but it’s not working. I press the button, no response.

We have also a couple of requests via Email so I guess it is not working as intended. Even with the latest versions.
I will get the device myself for our test setups. Otherwise, please check deCONZ and firmware versions in your installation first @ph2022

“You need to use phoscon and not deconz for the pairing, but can take a look in deconz if you are able to see the node (even not reconized by the API)”
I know to use the Phoscon gwy pairing. As i’ve connected multiple sensors, all working like a charm .
The pairing attempt runs for 3 minutes and concluded nothing found.
The switch has a minor pin to reset, then a blue light starts burning, that would trigger the pairing capability of the switch.
I use DeCONZ to check the device showing up in the network graph but as the pairing fails, the device also does not pop-up.
The device is sold LidL last week for 5 euro’s. Article nr @ Lidl: 100348592. Google / Duckduck will find it quickly4y if you want to try out yourselves.

As of the debug session. I scanned the log, nothing on “unknown node”.
That would mean the switch is not in pairing mode.
The difficult point here is that push reset hole means y also activate the switch. The led burns also when the switch is used. The doc is not clear on this4me. It notes in the doc “led start flashing” when succeeded. But it only burns for some time.
So is it reset that makes the led burn, of just the pushdown of the switch ? I’m a bit confused now if this equipment is going2work.

Resolved the pairing issue.
Sorry4all confusion.
The pointer to the debug the pairing did find the rootcause.
The reset was not providing pairing mode. I had to hold the device at a special way in my hand not to let the contact overtake the reset to get it in “true” flashing mode. Now it’s paired and working…
Maybe i’ve to give it a night, but in my H.A. it only provide the batterylevel and nothing on switch functionality. So will need another debug session for that in Deconz now i now where to look

1 Like

@Gautama

my config:

Version: 2.19.02 / 19.9.2022
Firmware: 26720700

I’m using a docker container with my diskstation and DSM 7

In HA, it might only show up with events. This might give some pointers: deCONZ - Home Assistant

Buttons aren’t switches, they get exposed as events. See the link Mimiix shared

I can see the events in the DeCONZ log, like;
19:27:55:145 [INFO] - Button 1002 - TS004F, unicast to: 0x0000, endpoint: 0x01, cluster: ONOFF (0x0006), action: B1 short, payload: 00, zclSeq: 83
19:27:55:184 Websocket 10.10.xxx.yyy:ppppp send message: {“attr”:{“id”:“19”,“lastannounced”:null,“lastseen”:“2022-12-06T18:27Z”,“manufacturername”:"_TZ3000_rco1yzb1",“modelid”:“TS004F”,“name”:“Knop1”,“swversion”:null,“type”:“ZHASwitch”,“uniqueid”:“2c:11:65:ff:fe:c7:39:48-01-0006”},“e”:“changed”,“id”:“19”,“r”:“sensors”,“t”:“event”,“uniqueid”:“2c:11:65:ff:fe:c7:39:48-01-0006”} (ret = -1091502072)
But the H.A. logs do not show.
Other events from the linked sensors (climate, movedetection) to get to the H.A. and i can get these events to automate actions on it. But these Lidl button pressing events does not reach H.A. Listen to DeCONZ events do not show these entering H.A. So I guess I need to get some listener coding running to be able to catch these events. Might be my H.A. experience is too low to get this running :frowning:

Hi,
you have to switch the button from “scene”/“event” mode to “switch” mode. Just press the button 3 times quickly.
Now it can be used normally and works without any problems.

1 Like

Thanky a lot DerFlo, that did the trick for me. Before that I could pair the button and saw it in deCONZ, but no event was recognized by Home Assistant, when I pressed it. Now it works like it should. It doesn’t recognize long presses, but single and double clicks.

That doesn’t work for me either. When I press it 3 times, the button seems to do smething (the light is on fow a few seconds), but then I still don’t get any reaction.