I have downloaded the firmware using the ikea-ota-download.py and i can see them in the /home/pi/otau. I have the OTAU server enabled and i tried restarting deConz and power cycled the lights but still it won’t start the upgrade. All the lights are IKEA GU10 bulbs and the one that did succeed it suceeded when i tried manually upgrade and is of the same type as all other that won’t work.
I tried to Query and nothing, i tried to point to a firmware that i know and i suceeded manually once and all other nothing happes or the text changes to Idle, Pause, Queued. I tried to read the OTAU cluster and the Image upgrade status states Count down whatever that mean i don’t know. Any ideas what could be wrong ?
@manup Sure, before i upgraded i did suceed to upgrade few of the bulbs but there are issues that i think should be fixed either in the UI or the underlaying systems :
You query a bulb it says Idle but clicking Update nothing happens, sometime it starts upgrade
The ui shows Queued some time but there are no update that is beeing done at the moment.
There is no place in the UI that indicates there is only one update that can happen at the time.
Some time a update fails at X procent, sometimes deConz can resume from where it left maybe because the device supports it and sometime it starts from scratch.
I would really appreciate if the name of the device was also shown the in OTAU list, it’s such a hassle to find the device you want to update, i know you can click on the node in the graphich which highlights the device in the OTAU list but when you want an overview what’s is going i have to match Address of device and then find the device that has that address.
When i do 1. i see in the debug view following and as i said nothing happens :
12:57:28:809 OTAU: send img notify to 0x000b57fffe37bb67
12:57:28:931 OTAU: query next img req: 0x000b57fffe37bb67 mfCode: 0x117C, img type: 0x2203, sw version: 0x12221572
12:57:28:932 OTAU: /home/pi/.local/share/data/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ/otau/117C-2203-23087631.zigbee: 215852 bytes
12:57:28:932 OTAU: ota header (56 bytes)
12:57:28:933 OTAU: tag 0x0000, length 0x00031D00 (204038 bytes)
12:57:28:990 OTAU: tag 0xFFBF, length 0x00000040 (70 bytes)
12:57:28:990 OTAU: tag 0xFFBE, length 0x00002BA2 (11176 bytes)
12:57:28:994 OTAU: tag 0xA222, length 0x928D5B80 (512 bytes)
12:57:28:995 OTAU: packed 215852 bytes
Besides all above i also installed 2.14.0-beta and the behaviour where you have to try many time is still there. It seems it’s pure luck whether it starts the update or not. All the devices i tried on were IKEA but i had one Philips also that i also struggled some with, it kept stoping during the update but the device could at least resume. All devices are powered meaning they are routers so no battery devices.
More strangeness, although the update went through after restart the repeater still had the old firmware version and started again this might also be a reason the the restarts of Ikea lights we we see in some networks.
just chiming in here since more people have found similar issues, see github issues
→ this exactly duplicates the behavior @boldie documented above, also with an extender
→ duplicates the behavior but with another device
The commonality between all these reports seems to be that reception of the last packet belonging to an update is acknowledged with an “update end request” which appears to be interpreted as “invalid”.
have the same problem here. I have some Ikea devices where the update does not work. The devices already had a relatively new firmware. Now I have bought a new Fyrtur roller blind, which had a relatively old firmware, but the update to the latest version worked without any problems.