IKEA Fyrtur blinds not showing up in Phoscon

No, it’s not showing in Home Assistant. After I try to pair the blinds, only device that is showing up is this “battery” thing in rest api.

Can you share with us the “battery” thing in rest api please ?

of course, what do you need to know in detail?

The result of GET /api/<apikey>/sensors/<id> for that battery sensor for instance.

Ok, did a fresh re-pair, because I made a factory reset for the fyrtur blinds so I can use it with the delivered extender and remote.

How can I get this information you mentioned?

btw: after the last pairing I got a new device in Home Assistant, also called “Battery 5” but it only shows the battery status of the fyrtur blind, I think (it shows 50%, but the battery was fully loaded yesterday). It has no other controls available.

Then, it seems that it was paired correctly, recognized by DeConz as a “Window covering device” and certainly a battery sensor was created (that’s why it’s so called “battery 5”).

You told that you get a “battery” thing in REST-API then I just wanted to know what is displayed from REST-API , what you’re showing is DeCONZ, not REST-API (Introduction - deCONZ REST-API)

okay, that was my fault then. I thought deCONZ is the rest-api, as I described it on another place with “a chart with modules/device that are connected via a drawn line” nobody said it’s not the rest api, so I thought my guess is correct and didn’t know it better :smiley:

Ok then, when it’s paired “correctly”, why I don’t get any controls over the blind or do I need to setup anything else?
I mean, I paired it as described in many how to’s (range extender as light in phoscon app and then the blind as light in phoscon app, after that both should be showing up in phoscon app, but just the range extender is there).

Phoscon is also based on REST-API but as closed software. That’s why I asked for what rest-api is displaying. That way we try to see where is the trouble (if there is one).

You can get it first using Phoscon (Help/API information)

Ok, so in Phoscon I can’t get any API Information about that “battery” device, because it isn’t shown there. The api information only shows the range extender.

Can I get those api information via deconz app also?

After selecting the “Battery 5” device, the “Basic Cluster”, in the “Clsuter info” can you click on “read” button and after that Ctrl+E and “preview” tab ?

You have take a look in “sensor” and “light” section, because like have said @BabaIsYou is the name is changed in deconz, it mean the device is reconised somewhere in the API.

You can too check if DDF are enabled and if your device use it, in deconz / help / debug view, can just enable flag “DDF” to test and re-include the device, the flag “info” can be usefull too.
The last @BabaIsYou procedure can show you the DDF used by your device too.

Battery 5 is now Battery 6 - did again a factory reset to make the blind work again, it’s a WAF thing :smiley:

After pressing the READ Button

“Preview” Tab in the Edit DDF Window (I hope you can read everything)

In light section I only have the range extender thing that came with the fyrtur blind.

But in the Sensor section it shows the “Battery 6”

There is something strange on the DDF displayed en the preview tab.
It’s the one from the disk, and not an autogenerated one, because the status is gold and it have a path, but this one is incomplete, the good one is deconz-rest-plugin/devices/ikea/fyrtur_block-out_roller_blind.json at master · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub

The path is not good (the good one is devices/ikea/… ), I think you have an old DDF file you need to remove on your disk.

But how can I access it? I installed deconz/phoscon/etc. as an integration for home assistant. I did nothing by hand or edited something.

should I delete/reinstall that deconz home assistant integration? fortunately I have nothing important paired with my RaspBee atm.
Could this clear things up for me?

You haven’t added yourself the DDF ?
It’s not easy to add yourself a DDF to HA, so you will remember it.

Something you can do is setting bad value for modelid and manufacture number in the DDF “devices/ fyrtur_block-out_roller_blind.json” and try to save it.
On next restart deconz will ignore it and use the native one in “devices/ikea/fyrtur_block-out_roller_blind.json”

HA use docker, so changes or not persistant, a deconz reboot can remove this file, else it mean it was in a persistent folder.
And we can see if you are able to edit the bad DDF, so we will know if this one is in a persistent folder or not.

Can’t remember adding a DDF file myself.
In general I haven’t done anything productive in deCONZ other than adding a light and one or two sensors/switches for testing purposes. Five months ago I got the Fyrtur roller blinds and wanted to control them via HA using deCONZ. I then ran into the problem with the old DDF file, which probably no longer worked with newer Fyrtur blinds (probably because of the current firmware).
I then tried various help and tips for workarounds from forums and blogs, initially without success.

Then I read about the new version that comes with a new and correctly working DDF file and waited for it. Only now did I get around to trying to pair the Fyrtur roller blind.

Maybe months ago I really followed a guide that resulted in a new DDF file. I do not know it anymore. I remember doing something in the terminal with Docker, but I thought it was just checking for a firmware update.

Sorry if I caused more problems than necessary. :frowning:

No problem, now the question is how to check and remove it.
We just know the path is …devices/fyrtur_block-out_roller_blind.json but not realy precise, perhaps you can find the complete path with trying to save it again ?
You can try to set bad value to disable it.
And need to check if the changes are persistant or not, can help to know where the file is.

Here you have the complete procedure to edit DDF on the HA persistent folder How to add/edit a DDF on Home assistant using text editor?

Fixed the problem differently.
Since I hadn’t productively connected anything to the RaspBee, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the deCONZ addon from Home Assistant. Now the Fyrtur roller blind is recognized correctly and can be controlled via Home Assistant.
The problem was basically homemade by me. sorry for the fuss

However, there is still a new problem with the open/close remote from the IKEA roller blind. I don’t seem to have full access to these in Home Assistant.
But I’ll take a look at that and then get back to you in another forum entry :slight_smile:

1 Like