Hue Tap Dial: cannot link switch to any group

I am not seeing any changes in latest deconz versions. Seems that Dresden didn’t add the fixes to the codebase yet.

Did someone find an easy workaround to use the Tap Dial in either Phoscon or Home Assistant?

I’m currently facing the issue that the dial is working correctly in Phoscon, but only when I have Phoscon open on my Laptop. After closing the site, the dial is not working anymore.

Hi @herms,
I am using the recently released 2.24.3 and there the dial is available and can be used for dimming for example:

So far so good, but you can only asign one dedicated action to left and right.

If would be great, if it would ne possible to assign different actions, depending which of the four keys has been pressed before. Something like this:

1 > change brightness
2 > change color temperature
3 > circle through colors

Currently I try to implement this in NodeRed - with moderate success :confused:

Thank you for the detailed guide! I updated to the newly released 2.24.3 and the rotary events are working fine, but only when I have the phoscon webpage open in my browser. If I close the site, the rotary events do not register anymore.
Maybe this is an isolated problem with the setup I’m using (Phoscon is running with Docker on a Synology NAS).

Hi @herms,

sorry for the late reply. Just tested it with my setup and can confirm your observation:
I can dim, as long as the phoscon page is open in my browser. As soon as I close the browser tab it immediately stops working.
I have deconz and phoscon directly running on a Pi4

1 Like

same here, as soon as i close the browser with the phoscon site the rotary funcionality is stoped. I‘m using a raspi 3b and the 2.25.1 gateway version.