Hue Smart Button (ROM001) not working

Hello,
I have managed to setup deConz an a Raspi 3+ with fhem running and controlling the ConBee II.
So far, everything is working after a few troubles at the start without one “Smart Button” by Philips Hue (ROM001).
I manage to connect it (Phoscon Web-App) to deConz, it shows up in the switches list but when trying to assign actions to the button, it won’t show a configurable button in the drawing. So all I can do is to “Go back” but it won’t show a configurable button no matter how often I try.

How do I get the Button configured via the Phoscon Web-App / Android App or what else do I have to do?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,
Flow_LD

Moved to Phoscon.

Experiencing the same. No way to select the interaction button after successfully pairing the switch. Worked before updating to v2.25.1

1 Like

Hello!
Is there any clue on this issue as I have the same? Can I do anything to help to solve it?
Thank you!

@de_employees

Hello!
Since there is no reply or reaction, should I contact Customer Support?
Thank you!

Hello,
if you don’t mind, please contact Customer Support. This forum seems not to be very helpful.
Thank you and kind regards :smiley:

We can reproduce the error. Unfortunately, there is no place to click. However, the buttons (in this case it is only one) can also be selected by physically pressing the button on the switch itself. The button is then selected, the visual display in the screen is still missing but you can click on continue.

Our developers will provide a corresponding bug fix in one of the next updates.

Thank your for answering. Once I find the button (it has gone missing somewhere in the house…), I will try your suggested workaround.

We have fixed the Bug that the button was not clickable in the switch editor. It is in the next Phoscon App / deCONZ Release.

It is also fixed that the chosen button was not marked as “chosen” when the button was pressed.

Thanks once more. The Button is working now. Unfortunately, it drains battery in a week. I have now changed battery three times in a few weeks, which must be due to a software malfunction.
Unfortunately, I have no knowledge about checking how it loses battery power so fast, but this ist surely annoying and makes the Smart Button worthless to me.
Does anybody have any idea what might be the cause of this battery drain and how I might stop it?

Thank you and kind regards, FloW

We also recognized this problem with the smart switch. The smart switch along other Philips switches stay awake for about 10 minutes after pairing for potential further configuration. Then it goes into a sleep state. It seems in some cases it does not go to sleep state.

We saw it once for this switch while sniffing the zigbee traffic using wireshark and zshark.
But weren’t able to reproduce this behaviour a second time.

So we are still investigating this case. Perhaps it helps when you reset the switch and pair it again. As I said we did not see the issue after pairing the switch again.