Home assistant plug in Combee 2 to Conbee 3 migration

Hi everyone,

Finally after a long time we got the plug in for home assistant updated, now on version 2.25.3!

I want you first to congratulate you guys on the software upgrade I can see a significant drop in memory consuption and CPU used by the plug in - all is working great. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have two questions that would help me migrate my large network (200 devices)

1. What is the procedure for the HA plug in to migrate from Conbee 2 to Conbee 3?
  2. Are there pending any Conbee 3 firmware fixes, like Aqara devices connectivity, battery draining issues etc.

Many thanks!

Hi my recommendation would be:

1. Create a backup via Phoscon App
  2. Unplug the ConBee II and close deCONZ
  3. Update the ConBee III firmware to Version 0x26500900 as described in Wiki: Update-deCONZ-manually.
  4. Start deCONZ again to connect to ConBee III
  5. Load the backup (see ConBee III Migration).

Many thanks @manup will give it a go over the weekend!

did not had yet time to allocate to do the migration, will look over the next few weeks. In the mean time I will enjoy the best deconz ever on Conbee 2 :slight_smile: it is dam fast and stable !

1 Like

Took a while to move to conbee 3 but now I am running with it.

Just for the record the steps are as below

1. Update the ConBee III firmware to latest Version as described in Wiki: Update-deCONZ-manually .
  2. Create a backup via Phoscon App
  3. Stop Deconz add on
  4. Unplug the ConBee II
  5. Plug Conbee III
  6. Uninstall Deconz addon and install it again (for me it was still pointing to conbee II)
  7. Start deCONZ addon to connect to ConBee III. Setup gateway name and password in decond UI.
  8. Load the backup (see ConBee III Migration ).
  9. Reload Deconz integration

Have pacience for all to load up.

Sensors are getting online slowly… Did not had to re-pair anything by now.

Thanks all and will keep you posted.

the only problem I can see is with a FYRTUR blind (the only one I have).

It gets unavailable in phoscon and HA. I take the battery out and put it back again, it is ok for a while and then offline …

Anyone had similar problems?

Thank you!

Hello, perhaps somethng similar to Unable to pair Ikea PRAKTLYSING - #15 by jan666

Thank you @Smanar for the suggestion.
Oddly enough it has stabilized after the laster battery removal and adding the battery again.
I have also Enable Source Routing since then, not sure if that helped.

Network seems to be more responsive under Conbee 3, very happy for now :slight_smile:

Many thanks guys!