Hello, I am experiencing difficulties adding new sensors, other sensors remain responsive

I have 24 other sensors that are functioning as expected. These include a combination of open/close, flood, motion, and weather sensors.

Steps I have taken:
I attempted to activate the flood sensor by placing it in a small amount of water to trigger detection.

I deleted the device in the Phoscon app and tried to find it again by holding the reset button for 5 seconds, 30 seconds, and 1 minute. However, it never reaches the “ready” stage as it should.

I also tried two older flood sensors that use the larger CR17345 batteries, but they will not connect either.

For the motion sensor, I have attempted to re-add the device by clicking “connect new sensor” and holding the reset button down for 15 seconds, 30 seconds, and 1 minute.

It seems that I can no longer add new sensors.

I have rebooted the PC, restarted the deCONZ container and Home Assistant, and disconnected and reconnected the USB (which is connected via an extended cable to minimize interference).

User-specific setup:
Gateway version: 2.28.1
Firmware: 264E0900
PC: Ubuntu 22.04
Deconz via Docker
Deconz integration on Home Assistant.

Questions:

I have just found out about the secret page, and I am wondering if some change after I completed my setup is responsible? I have a vague memory of changing the zigbee channel, but I went through the setup multiple times (accidentally set everything up on my old conbee II the first go around)

Here is a screenshot of my network config from the secret page. I am not sure why there are two network configs here, could this be my issue?
I am afraid of clicking anything as I really don’t want to mess things up further.

I have reviewed my Docker logs for deCONZ, but I am unsure what I should be looking for. Here is a small snippet from when I try to add a new sensor.

17:23:19:589 ZDP get node descriptor for 0x100C
17:23:21:228 max transmit errors for node 0x00158D008AFD09B6, last seen by neighbors 14279 s
17:23:46:590 ZDP get node descriptor for 0x100C
17:23:48:240 max transmit errors for node 0x00158D008AFD09B6, last seen by neighbors 14306 s
17:23:50:090 send permit join, duration: 65
17:24:03:281 ZCL attribute report 0x54EF441000C3FBC2 for cluster: 0xFCC0, ep: 0x01, frame control: 0x1C, mfcode: 0x115F
ha@home-assistant-kamrui:~$

Is this the right category to post this question in?

I am also wondering if I decide to update the firmware (I have made a backup) should I expect to have to reconnect the devices manually?

Lastly, what steps should I take to resolve these issues?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Hello,

For how many routers ?

Networks setting issues ar generaly visibles on logs, with a clear message.

No, firmware update don’t make the devices loose the network.

Do you have access to the GUI ? Else no others way than lookings in logs.

1 Like

A single router.
I have access to the GUI, that’s I got the screenshot for that network config.
Everything is quite responsive. I just can’t add any new sensors

You really need more routers, because you seem to be hitting a limit.

1 Like

the limit is 24 sensors? I thought it was much higher
Is that in the documentation somewhere?

Edit: you mean zigbee routers correct? I was interpreting that I needed to add more network routers like my nighthawk that handles the internet
Edit2: I ordered 2 zigbee Sonoff S31 Lite zb plugs, will these work?

Hi,

The full zigbee limit is much more, but the coordinator can handle around 25-32 directly depending on your radio noise on 2.4ghz. Zigbee routers(mains powered devices) are able to handle devices aswell which basically means your end nodes(battery powered devices) are connected by the routers which forward the zigbee messages to the coordinator.

As long as your ordered devices are maind powered they should help.

1 Like

And remember some sensors (Xiaomi/Aquara) don’t change their parent, so you will need to include your router, and re-include them if you want they use the new router (or can use the routers for new sensors)

And when I said “the GUI”, I mean the desktop application, the full deconz application, not the Web Application.

1 Like

Thank you both so much, I was pulling my hair out (what’s left of it) trying to figure this out.
I will update here with my progress or any further issues.

1 Like

The new zigbee plugs I ordered fixed everything! I can add sensors with no issues at all. Thanks again!