Deconz quits and reopens again?

Sometimes I find in Home Assistant the unavailability for all the devices (end devices excluded) for almost one minute.
The question is:

• Is Deconz that closes and opens again
  • Deconz stops for a little time to send data to HA
    HA loses connection to Deconz.

Something I’m sure, it is not a problem of Raspberry. I executed UPTIME and Raspberry didn’ reboot itself.

You need to check with the home assistant logs. Deconz shouldn’t restart on its own.

But Deconz can disconnect and reconnect on its own.

I am not sure what you mean by that.

The websocket you mean ? No, that is setup by the listener.

I mean Deconz performs a sort of LEAVE and JOIN on its own.

Nope for websocket, it s the listener, so the third app, that contact the server, connect it, leave and rejoin, the server for websocket never close.
To be sure you can see the websocket connexion on deconz log.

I don’t know if it’s a personal problem but my logs have a time span of 15 minutes (more or less).
If the event happened hours before, logs are useless.
You can try to implement an UPTIME between Deconz and Conbee II to check if there is what I say.

I really don’t understand what you are after.

Normally, in VNC I should see something like this

If suddenly I see this

and then this again

what does it mean?
I think something wrong.

P.S. Images are taken from Google.

The stick disconnects
There might be various reasons, but that either is if you remove it or interference.

I’ve never seen it happen otherwise .

Is there a way to detect when it happens and how many times?

It should show in the logs.

But, as previously written, logs are short.

When it’s from the gateway (firmware issue for exemple), the disconnection is fast, not after 1 hour.
Can be a power issue ?

when you see suddenly the connexion windows, you can enable log just at this moment, in deconz/help/debug view with both “error” and both “info”

No power issue. I saw System Uptime; Raspberry didn’t reboot.
If I enable log after the issue I cannot see that. Log didn’t record if you don’t enable it before. But I don’t want to destroy the SD card with an infinite log and useless because I lose the data afte 15 minutes.
And… I don’t live in front my screen. If I realize an issue after 8 hours I cannot see that in the log.

I mean USB power issue.

Depend of the hardware, but there is command line that can help to search USB power issue.

If I enable log after the issue I cannot see that. Log didn’t record if you don’t enable it before.

Ha ok so when you see the disconnection/connection windows it’s too late, no more issue, it can reconnect without problem ?

But I don’t want to destroy the SD card with an infinite log and useless because I lose the data afte 15 minutes

If you display log in deconz in the GUI, it don’t use the SD card.

If I realize an issue after 8 hours I cannot see that in the log

Right, so not possible with deconz log, if you use only the flag “error” and “error _l2” ? logs will be less talkative.

A power problem does not necessarily imply a restart of the system.
Perhaps a “dmesg | grep voltage” could give you some surprise

I got a under-voltage issue this morning but uptime is 10 days !

1 Like

Nice, and you know what mean the “magic number” ?
Have tried with “-H” to have timestamp, but the result is not more clear for me …

The number is a timestamp since last boot time, that can be translated in human readable format with -T (dmesg -T) but seems not always accurate for many reasons (lot a discussion about that in forums)

No problems with voltage and I had the issue 10 minutes ago.