Deconz not starting after update

Hello.
After manual updating from version 2.12.06-raspbian-stretch-stable to 2.18.02-raspbian-buster-stable i have the same issue. During installation there was an error that package libqt5qml5 was not installed, so i installed it via apt (libqt5qml5:armhf (5.7.1-2+rpi1)), and now deconz failed to start.
Logs:

Sep 26 19:08:04 openHABianPi systemd[1]: deconz-init.service: Failed with result 'start-limit-hit'.
Sep 26 19:08:05 openHABianPi deCONZ[12451]: This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()
Sep 26 19:08:05 openHABianPi deCONZ[12451]: This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()
Sep 26 19:08:05 openHABianPi deCONZ[12451]: /usr/bin/deCONZ: relocation error: /usr/bin/deCONZ: symbol _ZNK12QFontMetrics17horizontalAdvanceERK7QStringi, version Qt_5 not defined in file libQt5Gui.so.5 with link time reference

Used OS and hardware:
Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
Kernel = Linux 4.19.66-v7+
Platform = Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3

Hi,

I’ve moved your post to a new topic as hijacking is not appreciated.

Your trying to update on an unsupported version. Probsbly some dependencies are not supporting stretch anymore. Best would be updating your os.

Kind regards

Well, that works :slight_smile: Thanks for the hint.
However, for all who will meet the same problem - i ruined my installation with update from stretch to buster (too small boot partition size) and it didn’t worked properly after reboot - had to install the fresh system from scratch. Even on official rpi forum it’s recommended to make clean install. So, be careful :slight_smile:

1 Like