Deconz maintenance

Is deconz actually maintained? I see minimal activity in github: Commits · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub

Would be nice to know what’s the deal/status, so users can take informed decisions on which system to use for their zigbee network.

Thanks.

It is. But due to holiday season it’s been down. Only one person @manup is able to merge and does the full code.

Thank you for your answer.

Also in November there was little activity, and none in December. Could you please expand more on what type of commitment there is in this project?

IIRC I saw also a thread where this was asked, you pinged the dev and there was not even an answer.

If there’s active development, I would expect to see commits or activity at least weekly.

Then it’s a matter to understand what active development means for you: one dev fully on deconz? one dev when s/he gets the time on its own free time (after work)? It’d be nice to understand this.

Thank you again.

@de_employees This is up to you to answer :slight_smile:

Personally: I’m a volunteer who replies when he feels like it. So are most others. The only ones employed are the group i just tagged.

thanks! I look forward to hear @de_employees opinion on this.

Just to be clear: I am not trying to say that there’s enough work on deconz, I am already using a great product and it’s basically free, which is amazing already. I am just trying to understand what is the model you folks are using. Phoscon is a private company and at the end they put the money where they think is right, just asking if deconz is in their future plans, because looking at the last couple of months activity, I’d say it’s not.

Thank you!

Also in November there was little activity, and none in December. Could you please expand more on what type of commitment there is in this project?

I can’t answer for DE part, but about the API (where you are looking the activity) you can take a look in the PR waiting list here Pull requests · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub

There is activity on the API, but all is blocked (since sooo long time) time to stabilise the deconz code.

yeah 100+ open PRs means there are people willing to help, but they don’t achieve much if these are not reviewed, approved, merged, tested and released.

deCONZ is of course under constant development and will see a number of innovations, improvements and adjustments in the coming year. In the last quarter of this year we have fully concentrated on our new product, the Hive.
For now, I just can say please be patient. We are aware of all these requests but we are also a really small team.

2 Likes

btw:
our last deCONZ stable Version 2.19.3 was released just 2 weeks ago with a bunch of bugfixes.

2 Likes

from this I imply there’s a roadmap already, could this be shared with everyone?

3 Likes