deCONZ gui problems

Hi,
I use deCONZ on a Raspberry and the Phoscon APP in combination with homebridge. It´s works. I could connect my IKEA switch and lights.

After installing deCONZ on the raspberry (ConBee II Installation) I don´t have the new Menu
Menu > Programming > deCONZ

But it starts automatically with the GUI. deCONZ tries to connect with my conbee II hardware but fails and the app is frozen. I cannot open any menu or click any item.

In task manager I see th process “deconz” but not “deconz-gui”.

Does anybody have an idea how I can get the deCONZ entry in my menu and what´s wrong with my installation?

Thanks a lot

I saw in another thread a possible solution to set the device for deCONZ manually. But I receive the following error message.

pi@homebridge:~ $ deCONZ --dev=/dev/ttyACM0
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, xcb.

Aborted

You have installed deconz a second time ?
You can run deconz in headless mode OR in desktop mode, but you need to close one before launching the second instance.
And it’s the same application, just a different mode, to check them (if launched with service) we generaly use

sudo systemctl status deconz
 sudo systemctl status deconz-gui

Your error message seem like an error message when trying Desktop application in headless environement, try adding

-platform minimal

The previous issue where some users need to specifiy the device is now corrected if I m right.

Thanks for your reply. You are right. Both processes are running. Where should I configure it and how should it look like?

pi@homebridge:/usr/bin $ sudo systemctl status deconz
● deconz.service - deCONZ: ZigBee gateway – REST API
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/deconz.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/deconz.service.d
└─override.conf
Active: active (running) since Mon 2023-11-06 03:17:04 CET; 15h ago
Main PID: 357 (deCONZ)
Tasks: 6 (limit: 472)
CPU: 7.228s
CGroup: /system.slice/deconz.service
└─357 /usr/bin/deCONZ -platform minimal --http-port=4530 --ws-port=4531

Nov 06 03:17:04 homebridge systemd[1]: Started deCONZ: ZigBee gateway – REST API.
Nov 06 03:17:06 homebridge deCONZ[357]: QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to ‘/tmp/runtime-pi’
Nov 06 03:17:07 homebridge deCONZ[357]: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Nov 06 03:17:11 homebridge deCONZ[357]: This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()
Nov 06 03:17:11 homebridge deCONZ[357]: This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()
Nov 06 03:17:14 homebridge deCONZ[357]: This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()
pi@homebridge:/usr/bin $ sudo systemctl status deconz-gui
● deconz-gui.service - deCONZ: ZigBee gateway – GUI/REST API
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/deconz-gui.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Mon 2023-11-06 19:07:15 CET; 9min ago
Main PID: 1181 (deCONZ)
Tasks: 7 (limit: 472)
CPU: 9min 57ms
CGroup: /system.slice/deconz-gui.service
└─1181 /usr/bin/deCONZ --http-port=80

Nov 06 19:07:15 homebridge systemd[1]: Started deCONZ: ZigBee gateway – GUI/REST API.
Nov 06 19:07:15 homebridge deCONZ[1181]: QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to ‘/tmp/runtime-pi’
Nov 06 19:07:15 homebridge deCONZ[1181]: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Nov 06 19:07:15 homebridge deCONZ[1181]: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Nov 06 19:07:18 homebridge deCONZ[1181]: error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.
Nov 06 19:07:18 homebridge deCONZ[1181]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 148 (Unknown), sequence: 192, resource

This are the key commands I assue.
/usr/bin/deCONZ -platform minimal --http-port=4530 --ws-port=4531
/usr/bin/deCONZ --http-port=80

Where should I configure it and is it required to de-install and install something?

Again, thanks a lot

Nothing to install or de-install.
If you want the headless

$ sudo systemctl disable deconz-gui
$ sudo systemctl stop deconz-gui
$ sudo systemctl enable deconz

If you want the GUI

$ sudo systemctl disable deconz
$ sudo systemctl stop deconz
$ sudo systemctl enable deconz-gui

The “disable” command is to remove the “auto loading”, the “stop” to stop the application, and “enable” to enable the “auto run”

To use custom config, you can use a system overdrive (to keep your config after a deconz update) Use deCONZ and Phoscon On Non-Standard Web Ports? · Issue #26 · dresden-elektronik/phoscon-app-beta · GitHub

1 Like

You made my day.
Thanks a lot. Now I can see the Zigbee network.
I see all devices in HomeKit.

Is it a problem that I use node v20 and hombridge 1.7?

[06/11/2023, 20:52:05] [deCONZ] homebridge-deconz v1.0.6, node v18.18.2, homebridge v1.7.0, homebridge-lib v6.6.4
[06/11/2023, 20:52:05] [deCONZ] warning: recommended version: node v20.9.0
[06/11/2023, 20:52:05] [deCONZ] warning: recommended version: homebridge v1.6.1
[06/11/2023, 20:52:05] [deCONZ] ConBee2: dresden elektronik deCONZ / ConBee II gateway v2.24.1
[06/11/2023, 20:52:05] [deCONZ] ConBee2: warning: recommended version: deCONZ v2.23.2

Best regards

Thoses messages are from the homebridge plugin, so IDK.
But it’s just a recommendation, if it works … But the day you will have a problem, you will know where it can come from ^^
You can see release information, if there is something specific to the last version, but it seem the plugin just recommand last versions every time ( deconz v2.23.2 is just 1 month old)