DDF for Ikea Device: BADRING Water Leakage Senor

ok, there are 2 things which are confusing me.
1.) I have decent running in in docker. so I am struggling with where I have to put the DDF into as the home/pi/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ/devices/ikea is not existing for me neither locally on the nor within the docker itself?
2.) according to the binding procedure its that you need to press the pairing button 4 times, then the LED should flash shortly and then the LED should start again flashing to indicate connection attempt but mine does not do this. It only flashes after pressing the pair button 4 times but after the LED stays dark. Can it be that there is an issue with the sensor?

The path depends on your setup. See DDF cheat sheet ¡ dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki ¡ GitHub. I dont know about docker

I don’t remember mine flashed. Maybe I tried keeping it pressed and/or press it 4 times.

thanks a lot guys - it works now …
The issue I was is somehow embarrassing but it looks like as the battery I was using was an old one. After replacing it works :smiley:

Thanks again!

Hi. I am trying to add a “IKEA Badring” to my setup, but I fail.
My setup:

• iobroker on Raspberry Pi 4, 64bit OS, all up-to-date; the Raspi is has no monitor, so I access it via SSH only
  • I use a Conbee II, pluged into the Raspi
  • using deCONZ adapter v1.41; this adapter reports deConz Version: 2.26.3 and API Version: 1.16.0
  • using sudo nano I have manually created a file called “badring_water_leak_sensor.json” in the two locations mentioned above in this thread:
    /usr/share/deCONZ/devices/ikea
    ~/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ/devices
  • into this file I pasted the content from deconz-rest-plugin/devices/ikea/badring_water_leak_sensor.json at master ¡ dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin ¡ GitHub
  • adapter has been restarted and Phoscon app via webfrontend has been restarted

Neither the Phoscon app under sensors nor the deCONZ adapter is recognizing the Badring device.

Questions:

1. Any advice how I can connect the device?
  2. I was surprised that in the folders mentioned above there was no ddf file for this device as the software from my side seems as much up-to-date as possible. Why would that be?
  3. I am wondering if there is one more file location for the deCONZ adapter where there should be this ddf file. Maybe the adapter is not looking into /usr/share/deCONZ/devices/ikea but somehwere else?

1 - Recent version have native support, but actual one can just refuse to reconise ikea device, so I think yes you are doing the good thing, what is a “deconz adapatater” ?
2 - the second folder is a “user” folder, so if it’s your first DDF, this one is empty, the first one NEED to have DDF.

Stupid question, but iobroker don’t use virtual machine ?

iobroker uses “adapters” to connect to whatever. This is the adapter:

Yes I understood that with the user folder. To be on the safe side I put it into both folders.
But what it surprising me is that the DDF did not exist in the first folder even though the software version is the newest.

I don’t think so. iobroker runs natively on my Raspi, just as deCONZ.

I am still at a loss as to how I could get the thing working.

But you haven’t natives DDF in this folder ?
Like usual used folder are visible on logs but not posible to don’t found them on classic path, if you have no DDF what have in /usr/share/deCONZ ?

Perhaps the “adaptater” use another one ? will make a search if the “deCONZ” folder is empty. Take care at case.

Thank you. I updated to the latest beta and now Badring was recognized.