DDF Editor - How to drag bindings?

I’m sure this is a really dumb question but I have been trying for ages and can’t figure it out. In the DDF Cheat Sheet there is an image showing how to drag and drop bindings to the DDF editor.

But how do you get the view so that the DDF Editor screen is floating on top of the main network map page like in the image above. I can only see either one or the other and have to switch between them by clicking on the brown window name at the top or bottom of the screen.

What am I doing wrong? I am accessing Deconz via Home Assistant running on Chrome for MacOS. Thanks.

Bumping this for visibility. If someone can help that would be great.

I am not sure how to minimize it :sweat_smile: Perhaps you need to use a native VNC?

Good idea.

Tried it with VNV Viewer and it looks exactly the same via VNC so still can’t put the main window output over the top of the DDF viewer. Do you know who wrote that DDF Cheat Sheet guide? They must know how to do this…

It should, because i can.

Perhaps double clicking the frame?

Ha, good question !
You can’t mnimise windows ? No icons on the windows title bar ? The key shorcut is not alt + space for linux ?

No sadly there is nothing that will allow a window to be moved out. Over the past few days I have clicked, double clicked and Alt-everything everywhere with zero success.

I have figured out that the only windows you can pop out are the panels you can choose while in the standard deconz network map view. You can then switch to the DDF editor and these remain floating. So as a work around I think you can start from the Deconz network map view, open the cluster panel and then switch back to the DDF editor and drag from the clusters shown at the bottom into the binding window. No idea how they got the screenshot shown in the DDF cheat sheet though because it doesn’t work like that on my system or via VNC.

1 Like

I have same result than on the DDF cheat sheet on my side, but I m using a real/classic OS.

The window manager in the VNC session is very basic which makes this unfortunately pretty difficult.

Since deCONZ uses the Qt docking widgets for panels as the Cluster Info, perhaps the DDF editor (a dialog) can be made to be dockable as well, for example on the right main window side. I need to experiment with this a bit.

Hi,

I’m also on a Mac (Catalina) and use VNC Viewer 6.20.817 and don’t see this issue. I can show the DDF Editor Windows floating on top of the main network map page. VNC connect is installed on a raspberry where Deconz is running.

Very strange. I am using VNC Viewer 6.21.920 on MacOS Monterey so perhaps its something in the upgrade?

Can you explain exactly what you do to get the windows to float. It is still possible that I am being thick and am missing something really obvious.

It’s a bit clunky, but in VNC viewer I can select and start dragging a cluster using the mouse, and then use Alt-Tab to switch to the bindings screen and drop the selection there.

Raspberry OS: Bullseye

Ok the “issue” come if you restore the DDF window and you don’t see anymore the title of the windows.

To resolve you DDF windows please follow this instruction:

1. First close your DDF Windows

2. Call your DDF windows with Deconz (CTRL + E)

3. Maximise your DDF Windows and look on your right if you see a square from you DDF windows like that

4. Click on square icon and he will be replace with a hat symbol means you can move your windows and also resize it.

Optional you have also 3 choices with a right click on the title windows to have this modal windows in foreground fix or normal or background fix.

Hope that help :wink:

Hi,

I had exactly the same issue and I found the solution !!
Left Clic+right clic on the small rectangle on top left of the current window that you want to move and move your mouse :slight_smile:
ddf editor

Undocking the “Cluster Info-Tab” into a floating panel, as shown, using the icons in the top right corner of the Tab works when using the noVNC view in home assistant using the deconz plugin/addon.