Conbee2 | Firmware: not connected v2.14.01, bullseye

If your using Pastebin with the logs described in #deconz (APS, APS2, ERROR, ERROR 2 , INFO, INFO 2 ) you should have plenty :slight_smile:

I am not comfortable opening URLā€™s that download stuff automatically.

Now I have been able to do the logging.
Here the pastebin link for the log:
I hope you can help me with instructions what to do. 18:36:36:908 HTTP Server listen on address 0.0.0.0, port: 80, root: /usr/share/d - Pastebin.com

thank you!

1. 18:38:32:504 device disconnected reason: 1, device index: 0

Looks lioke the device is removed. I really think itā€™s still power related.

Does it work if you use a SD card?

Itā€™s intresting, that it seems to work for a while and then stops again. The logs indicate messages going allong.

That being said: it makes a power issue likely.

I propose that you test:

• Without SSD and just a SD card.
  • Another system(windows?) just to rule out a dead conbee.

just now finished one of the tests you recommended
a) run pi 4b, with SD card, buster OS ā†’ Conbee2 is working
b) run pi 4b, with SD card, buster + SSD plugged in USB2 port - Conbee2 is working. Firmware stable active.
c) other system I did not do as conbee2 workingā€¦

as b) is running without problems, the power supply cannot be the problem.
remember, problem installation is rasp pi 4b, bullseye 64bit, SSD 300Gb
next tests to do:

1. install bullseye 32bit on SD and try conbee2 ā†’ not working
  2. install bullseye 64bit on SD and try conbee2 ā†’ not working
  3. install bullseye 32bit on SSD and try conbee2 ā†’ not working

Will update here as testing is progressingā€¦

WTF ? it would come from the OS ?

maybe IĀ“m desperate.

new testing idea with good results

1. install raspi buster, on pi 4b, on SSD on USB3 port / and try conbee2 on USB2 portā†’ WORKING

it tells me that there is no power issue. not a cable issue.
The problem is OS bullseye related or a conbee2 software problem.
As well with this setup it does not matter - till now - if I use the USB3 for the SSD.
Firmware is now stable attached in web gui.

But maybe this is just related to my pi 4b? I wonder that there is nobody else having such situationā€¦

Ah you had it previously In usb3?

previously with OS bullseye 32bit or 64 bit, I tried in USB3 and USB2. both could not get the conbee2 working.

I can get the conbee2 working with rasperry pi OS buster, SSD in USB3 or USB2, Conbee2 plugged in USB2 only.
Hence, either I have missed a special setting for conbee2 with bullseye 32/64bit OS, needed for pi 4b, or there is a different software problem.
However, my aim was to get it working on SSD as SD cards are slower and have lower life. IĀ“m happy with keeping it running on buster OS for now.

I have made this experience with RPi4 & bullseye:
On one system without Conbee, SSD only, I experienced crash/hang situations when copying large GB files. Connected the SSD to a powered USB HUB. Problem solved.

On another system with both SSD and Conbee II, I had to have both the SSD and the Conbee II on (the same) powered HUB. Only then did things stabilize. It worked with just the Conbee II on an USB extension cable for a while, but after an upgrade it was dead stop.

Thank you for the hint.
Definitly something additional to try at some point. Right now the setup with RPI4 with buster and SSD (USB3) and Conbee2 (USB2) is working without fail.
Hence, I wonder why there is a problem with bullseye?
As I do not specifically require to run bullseye I will keep old OS at this time.
Seems to be an OS problem or a conbee FW/SW problem. no ideaā€¦

Probably related to HW setup.
More here.
Zigbee is also 2.4GHz

This might be true. However, with all these insights I do not understand why it can work with os buster and not with os bullseye.
As said, with buster it runs like a charme. though IĀ“not using wifi for RPI4, LAN cable.
I was suggested to change cables, do this and that. All was not helping. only changing to os buster made it work.
Zigbee is2.4, correct, but this should only effect connection to other zigbee devices. My problem was that the conbee2 is under bullseye with SSD (in USB2 or USB3) not connecting to conbee2 firmware.

I guess they set up the internal RPi4 HW differently.
Also it is not as mature as buster, so it might be actual bugs.

That said, my 2 bullseye installations works fine with SSD and Conbee using a powered USB HUB.

Thank you for highlighting the USB hub option. by chance I will try that when I get one at hand.

revisiting this topic after a yearĀ“s break.
it seems that I cannot get the conbee II stick working in a bullseye fresh installation of a 4B 4Gb pi.
Some time has passed since I brought this up.
It cannot be power, as I use strong power supply. It cannot be interference as conbee is enough away.
And important to know. With same power supply and same USB cable plugged in position not changing it will work on buster installation.
IĀ“m out of ideas. A solution might be simple, but I do not see it.

Can you share some new logs?

Additionally, are you using a usb 2 port and usb2 extension cable ?

I had to use a powered USB HUB for my ConBee Classic (I) on my Bullseye 64.
Without it lost contact with the other Zigbee devices.
Have you tried that?

can you help me with brand and model of the USB hub you are using? Then I can try to procure similar and try it out.

At the beginning of this thread I think I already tried all ports and cables.
When using Buster, there is no problem, it does not matter which USB port I use. With Bullseye, regardless where I plug it in I cannot get the Conbee II stick working.
Please let me know the log command you suggest me to use then I will provide.

Well itā€™s been a year since :wink:

In #deconz you can find a topic that explains what logs are useful .