ConBee II resetting itself

Hey there. I’m using a ConBee II on a RPi using Hue-Lamps all over my flat. Since a couple of days Conbee seems to be resetting itself to factory-settings every hour or so. Every time i’m logging in, I have to set a new name for the device along with another password. All lights that had been connected are gone and need to be discovered. Once done, the lights are grouped already to the groups they had been before the factory-reset.

Anyone has similar issues or any hints where I have to look first? I’m lost and have no clue where to start searching. All packages on my RPi are up-to-date. FW of the ConBee as well. As mentioned: Everything worked well until a couple of days ago and I haven’t changed anything to my setup. Thanks for your advice.

Hi,

How are you running deconz? Native Linux/Windows? Docker? Ha?

Thanks, @Mimiix for your reply. Is this what you are looking for?

Description: ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
Product: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1
Modell: ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
Node.js: v18.20.1 / NPM: 10.5.0

No, the operating system

Distributor ID: Raspbian
Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
Release: 12
Codename: bookworm

So you are using a native install.

Just a bit of background here:

The Conbee 2 doesnt save anything other than network settings. deCONZ contains all settings and the “memory” of what devices are there.

The stick resetting itself is unlikely. If that happens, you still would see the devices in deCONZ rather than having a blank canvas.

What somehow is happening, is that the configuration files that are stored are lost. Perhaps some process you have running deletes them? How’s the SD card?

Thanks for the hint. Where are these config-files stored and I’ll monitor these?

SD-Card should be fine, since ioBroker is running as well without any flaws. But I’ll have this checked as well.

I have to name the stick and provide an initial password. Devices are gone and need to be discovered first. Once done, they’re grouped as before the “reset”.

Normally factory reset on it’s own shouldn’t be possible, I don’t think the issue is happening on the ConBee hardware but something is going on on the host.

Could it be that there are multiple instances of deCONZ running fighting over the database (zll.db file)?

ps ax | grep deCONZ

This should only show one instance.

Also I’d recommend to check that the database file is actually read/writeable by deCONZ:

ls -l ~/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ/zll.db 
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 571392  8. Apr 11:43 /home/pi/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ/zll.db

Here the owner should be pi, or whatever user runs deCONZ (can be checked by echo $USER).

2 Likes

@Mimiix & @manup Thanks alot for your advice. Will check on those…