Conbee II connection loss with pivccu3 container

Hello everybody,

I am new here and hope for your help, because I do not get on for days. My setup is a Pi4 with 8GB Ram. It runs a pivCCU3 in a container, according to instructions from github and iobroker. I have my Zigbee and Hue devices controlled via the Conbee II stick (1.5 m USB extension) and managed in iobroker. My power supply is the original Pi USB-C power supply (5.1V 3 A). So far everything had worked wonderfully.

Since updating to the latest Bullseye, I’m having a problem with my Conbee II stick constantly losing connection. In the Phoscon App/Menu Gateway the display for firmware always changes between “not connected” and 26780700.

In the meantime, I could clearly limit the problem to the parallel operation with the pivCCU3. If I stop this service (sudo systemctl stop pivccu) my Conbee II works without losing the connection. As soon as I start the service I get the above problem.

I have now read that you should still change the port of deconz, because the CCU3 also uses port 80. I did that.

sudo nano /lib/system/system/deconz.service
ExecStart=/usr/bin/deCONZ -platform minimal --http-port=808x --ws-port=808y

Unfortunately this does not solve my problem either. Can someone help me there. I’m getting desperate.

Thanks a lot!

Raspberry Pi4/8GB Ram: Raspbian Bullseye Releadse 11
pivCCU3: v3.65.8
Deconz v2.18.2
Conbee II: deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26780700

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

GERMAN///
Hallo in die Runde,

ich bin neu hier und hoffe auf euere Hilfe, denn ich komme seit Tagen nicht weiter. Mein Setup ist eine Pi4 mit 8GB Ram. Auf dem läuft eine pivCCU3 in einem Container, gem. Anleitung von github und iobroker. Meine Zigbee und Hue Geräte habe ich bislang über den Conbee II Stick (1.5 m USB Verlängerung) gesteuert und im iobroker verwaltet. Mein Netzteil ist das originale Pi USB-C Netzteil (5.1V 3 A). Bislang hatte alles wunderbar funktioniert.

Seit einem Update auf das neuste Bullseye habe ich eine Problem mit meinem Conbee II Stick, da dieser ständig die Verbindung verliert. In der Phoscon App/Menüpunkt Gateway wechselt die Anzeige bei Firmware immer zwischen “nicht verbunden” und 26780700.

Ich konnte das Problem zwischenzeitlich eindeutig auf den Parallelbetrieb mit der pivCCU3 eingrenzen. Wenn ich diesen Dienst stoppe (sudo systemctl stop pivccu)funktioniert mein Conbee II ohne die Verbindung zu verlieren. Sobald ich den Dienst starte erhalte ich o.g. Problem.

Ich habe nun gelesen, dass man den Port von deconz noch ändern soll, da die CCU3 auch den Port 80 nutzt. Das habe ich getan.

sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/deconz.service
ExecStart=/usr/bin/deCONZ -platform minimal --http-port=808x --ws-port=808y

Leider löst das mein Probel auch nicht. Kann mir da jemaden helfen. Ich verzweifle langsam.

Vielen Dank!

Raspberry Pi4/8GB Ram: Raspbian Bullseye Releadse 11
pivCCU3: v3.65.8
Deconz v2.18.2
Conbee II: deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26780700

Can you provide deconz logs :)?

For me the problem is on the USB port, software issue.

Hi and thanks for your help. Pls. find my logs attached. Or do you want me to paste it here? Deconz Logs

Thanks. I tried all USB ports already. Did u get it to work again? What did you change to make it work?

Thanks. I tried all USB ports already

For me it s not hardware, but software, I say that because of this comment

If I stop this service (sudo systemctl stop pivccu) my Conbee II works without losing the connection. As soon as I start the service I get the above problem.

With “virtualisation”’ you can do so much thing, like for exemple changing an USB 3.0 in an USB 2.0 just with checking a box, all is possible, your imagination is not enought to think at all issues possibles.

But serisoulsy, I can’t help you, I m not engineer, on my side the better solution I have found to avoid this kind of problem is never use VM/dockers.

The other software is probably also mounting deconz.

Does the other software have a USB device ?

But thanks for your try.

@Mimiix No, the other software has no USB device. The strange thing here is, that it used to work fine for years. Can i somehow deny access to USB ports for the container (where pivCCU3 is running? Or any other idea?

I have no clue about docker :sweat_smile: