Clean up installation on Home Assistant on Raspberry PI

Hi,

I’m struggling to get my ConBee II to work with the deConz add-on on my Home Assistant installation.

tl;dr - I think I need to clean out any installations and configurations left by either the ConBee II (ZHA) integration, or the deConz add-on on my HA installation to start from the beginning. Are there any instructions that I could follow?

The current problem is that if I unplug the USB stick and replug it, I get the following in my HA logs:

• 22-01-08 17:48:13 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.REMOVE hardware /dev/ttyACM0 - /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2470671-if00
  • 22-01-08 17:48:13 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.REMOVE hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/003 - None
  • 22-01-08 17:48:33 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/004 - None
  • 22-01-08 17:48:33 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD hardware /dev/ttyACM0 - /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2470671-if00
  • 22-01-08 17:48:35 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.REMOVE hardware /dev/ttyACM0 - /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2470671-if00
  • 22-01-08 17:48:35 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.REMOVE hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/004 - None
  • 22-01-08 17:48:37 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/005 - None
  • 22-01-08 17:48:37 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD hardware /dev/ttyACM0 - /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2470671-if00

So the HA OS recognised the disconnect and reconnect - though I’m not sure why it happens twice when I only disconnect and reconnect once.

However, when I try to connect to the gateway by using the add-on:

• Open WebUI
  • Select ‘Phoscon’
  • The UI shows me two pictures
    • A greyed out picture that looks like the ConBee II USB dongle
    • A solid picture that doesn’t look like any of your devices - picture attached

When I connect to the left-hand picture:

• ‘Proceed without lights’
  • Press ‘x’ on the ‘Create First Group’
  • Go to the ‘Gateway settings’, I get Firmware ‘Not connected’ - picture attached

I am getting a few (~10) ‘ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: Server disconnected’ in the logs, but I don’t know if that is relevant

deConz: 6.11.1
HA Host: Home Assistant OS 7.1
HA Core: core-2021.12.8
HA Supervisor: supervisor-2021.12.2
Raspberry Pi 4

I have tried with two separate deConz ConBee II USB devices and 4 different USB extension cords and the problem is the same

Second picture - prevented in original post

What does deconz show and can you provide some logs?

Thanks Mimiix.

• I tried, but couldn’t get the VNC to connect and provide logs
  • I think this is now resolved. I used the deConz configuration option with the full path to the ConBee (/dev/serial/by-id/…) rather than the ll path (/dev/ttyACM0) and the second icon disappeared and I could connect successfully to the dongle and update the firmware.

I was then able to add in - after a bit of a struggle :-), all the Hue, Sonoff, and Ikea Zigbee devices through the HA ZHA interface.

1 Like