For the past few days I have been unsuccessful in trying to migrate my existing setup (Pi3B+/Raspbee) to new hardware (Pi4/Conbee II). After some research I found some posts indicating that it should work like this:
- Backup all data on the old hardware using the Phoscon app
- Setup the new device according to the docs
- Restore from the backup performed in step 1
- Be happy
Unfortunately step 4 is not working properly
Once the backup is restored, I can see my network properly in Deconz but most of my devices won’t react to commands anymore. I have a few Busch Jaeger wall switches and controls as well as a Osram Lightify LED strip and some Osram Smart+ plugs. The only thing working after the restore is the LED strip. None of the plugs and none of the Busch Jaeger devices work anymore (won’t switch and won’t return any attribute information when reading the “Basic” cluster in Deconz). What I also noticed is that in Deconz my network somehow looks “thinned out”. Whereas before there were a lot of connections between all of my devices, after the restore there were only very few.
Here is what I tried already, without success:
- Ensured that the network settings are exactly the same before the backup and after the restore
- Ensured that all components have the latest software and firmware versions installed (Deconz/Raspbee/Conbee II)
- Moved the Pi4 with the Conbee II stick closer to my switches in case there is a problem with radio reception
At this point I am stuck and need some pointers:
- Should I be doing anything differently?
- What can I do to debug this problem?
I am reluctant to reset my network and integrate everything from scratch since the Busch Jaeger switches are a real PITA to set up. On the other hand I really want to switch away from the old Pi3…
Any help would be highly appreciated!