Binding/setting sensor value to other device

I found that i can set the temperature measurement to an external sensor for the Bosch Thermostat 2, by writing a signed 16 bit integer to 0x4040. I was also able to expose this to the REST API by adding

{
          "name": "config/externalsensortemp",
          "refresh.interval": 360,
          "read": {
            "at": "0x4040",
            "cl": "0x0201",
            "ep": 1,
            "fn": "zcl:attr",
            "mf": "0x1209"
          },
          "parse": {
            "eval": "Item.val = Attr.val;",
          },
          "write": {
            "dt": "0x29",
            "eval": "Item.val = Attr.val;",
          },
          "default": 0
        },

to the ddf file.

What would be a valid way to get the temperature reading of my Aquara Zigbee Thermometer to be written to this 0x4040.

I thought about adding a REST API rule, which triggers as soon as the sensor detects a change. But I do not know how to write a dynamic parameter as rule action. Is this possible?

Is there any other way how one can bind the int16 result of one sensor to a writeable property of another sensor?

Best, Florian

I am getting a bit frustrated here.

Is there really no way to write an integer value as received from one device to a config field of another device?

A binding, a rule, whatever? Will it have to be a custom script listening and writing?

@de_employees able to help out?

Have you tried using the bind dropbox to bind the sensors cluster to the thermostat’s cluster? AFAIK this is how it’s supposed to do - but my Ubisys Thermostat does not support it yet so I could not test it myself

No, there isn’t any direct way to do that. The thermostat would require a thermostat client cluster for another sensor to directly write to it, which it doesn’t have. Consequently, you always need a home automation software to make use to the deconz API and write the desired values to the thermostat.

I’ve actually never seen any thermostat offering the required cluster with exception of the aforementioned ubisys H1 but there, the functionality is not yet ready.